Harmony's Rockin' Cafe

Speak-Ez Community

Re: Harmony's Rockin' Cafe

Postby alohasand on Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Cold drink season has arrived! Slush drinks, cold pop and lemonade, here I come! Going to shop for sunglasses and sunscreen. Have my container plants started and just have to get excited about cutting grass or find a teen who wants to make weekly money.
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby CielOnTap on Fri May 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Mother's Day is on Sunday. See if you can thank the ladies who made your life or make your life special. It does not have to be a meal out but do think of a special activity or event they'd enjoy. Only so much food one wants to see and time spent with dear people remains important throughout the year. Silence your electronic gadgets too during your visits.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sun May 11, 2014 9:07 am

Somehow, rainstorms have eluded us for another day. But three days of wet weather are showing stormy times.
Tulips are partially open in today's sunshine. Birds are chirping and it's about 20C and breezy. Definitely a day to enjoy outside.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby harmony on Thu May 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Love this spring! Deep lungfuls of air and mmm, wet green things, sunny dry things, flowers, birds, and food!

Come have a chat with me-have iced tea here on the counter and the biscuits are coming out of the oven soon.

Yes, I can make ice cream sundaes for you with all the candies you want.

No Reservations
Come on in, we are always open
harmony

Postby fishandchips on Fri May 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Have the urge to sing songs with others like on the schoolbus. Silly season or just wanting a bit of fun socializing to break up the Friday afternoon. Rain may be coming-the sky cannot decide what it wants to be.

Hmm, harmony--how about a fish sandwich and tea to go? I need to feed my brain protein.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby CielOnTap on Sat May 17, 2014 7:10 pm

I noticed that someone at a new home site is eager to get the landscaping going by using a small front loader to work the ground. Problem is it is after 8pm EDT-the city bylaw allows construction noise only between 7am and 7pm. It's highly unlikely that a city council noise exemption was applied for. My guess is the owner or a contractor is doing the work in order to get sod down or plants in tomorrow when it's going to be a sunny 20C.

My guess is that the home will be on the market by end of summer rather than next year.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 pm

Hot and breezy day equals ideal conditions for drying laundry outside! Saw more bees around the clover-they have been hard to find. Ms. Bumblebee and company have not been visible though.

Had a lovely visit with two people I don't often see. So much news to catch up on. If summer brings cooler sunny days, a reciprocal visit is very likely.

Harmony, let's see that cake menu-what would go with a smoothie?
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby manga2read on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Happy to see the forum back in biz. Missed ya-"absence without leave" downtime.

Time for a cold drink and snack. Giving myself a break from the day's activities and feet are happy at rest!
a word with you
manga2read

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 am

Weather...(grmbling)-one hour or so ago, it was a breezy, cool, sunny day. Now the rain for the day is coming with grey clouds, some heat and no blue in the sky. Had to bring in the laundry. Guess this is a rainy day-projects galore time.

To set up for the day, will have to tackle some cleaning as things got moved and I almost tripped over a box. #Not following my policy of keeping spaces trip-free...
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Rant-parent that interfered with a garbage can; continuing saga of making up his own rules. And any family member that yells at me is going to get the same back. #WishtherewasaseniorsClubFedandFarAway

If there was a time to want to have a bulldozer, yesterday was it.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Speak-Ez Community