Harmony's Rockin' Cafe

Speak-Ez Community

Re: Harmony's Rockin' Cafe

Postby alohasand on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:24 pm

On the topic of growing things, scientists have noticed a virus in the soil of really old seeds that were planted recently:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/scientists-to-revive-30000-year-old-giant-monster-virus/57150/

Not liking this news at all.
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby harmony on Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:53 pm

Changing the glassware in the café so there's much washing, drying and packing/unpacking going on.
Menu's simple today: burgers, chili, and shepherd's pie. No soup, no sandwiches. Have fries and hot dogs for those who want simple food fast. Many sweets are here: muffins, squares plus a couple kinds of donuts. It's that kind of week-warming but with a touch of chill during the days.

Come bend my ear (not literally) for a chat while you dine. Some new magazines and papers are on the reading rack if you want to enjoy some quiet time.

No Reservations
Come on in, we are always open
harmony

Postby fishandchips on Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:38 pm

Water water everywhere-need a boat with a motor. Brolly is not keeping all the wet off of me. Sad start to day, finding out many pedestrians
getting struck during the worst of the rains early this morning.#SlowDown drivers.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby burnt fare on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:58 pm

November-leaves are ok but don't talk about Black Friday sales or Christmas. December is to take care of the holiday matters like presents.
You see, you don't need an app to appreciate free time. It's less stressful as well.

Harmony, how about a hot sandwich of the day and some of those scones I hear good words about? Need to get some Friday night shopping done but food is first!
Burger time
burnt fare

Postby harmony on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:58 pm

A few twinkling LED lights and some small Christmas static displays are all I do to make the café reflect December and the advance of Christmas.
Christmas cookies are on the dessert menu if you must have your spices and fruits.

Gas stoves lend a charm of their own during shorter daylight hours. Good for gazing and thinking over matters while the kettle heats up water or soup or whatever.

No Reservations
harmony

Postby harmony on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Have acoustic guitar music playing in the café. Come in and have a break.

I can understand the appeal and ease of online shopping but remember that warehouse work life is full of metal racks, little acoustic dampening, and concrete floors reflecting white lights. Hard on a person.

No Reservations
harmony

Postby alohasand on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:55 am

Need to relax a little in the café today! Soup and sandwich and dessert time for me.
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby CielOnTap on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Harmony's Café has been busy this year-come and spend a bit at the counter. We'll see something from harmony when she's not rushing through her fall menus or activities.

Got some coins for the jukebox-the rain calls for some easy listening music!
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby harmony on Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Turned the kitchen's calendar page over to October on the weekend and I am surprised we are in month 10 of 2016.
Busy here in the cafe. There are warm drinks, cold drinks and room temperature drinks. Games corner has
seen some action in the past month with the college crowd and adults wanting a break from
phones and computers.

Fall here and spring in Brazil. There's a hurricane Matthew causing trouble over the water in the Atlantic Ocean.
I'd rather be here than on a beach right now. What about you?

No Reservations
harmony

Postby fishandchips on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:35 pm

A big pot of tea for me, Harmony, and a plate of sandwiches, the more toasted and buttery the better! Was out doing some gift shopping and elbowing
through people in the mall and a few standalone shops. Time to get some energy back into me and give my feet the gift of rest.

Colouring books are fun to find but the prices for colouring materials-oy! Knitted things to keep warm required lots of searching as stocks are getting iffy or missing sizes (that got sold out). Had most fun finding the food items-got some sampling done and bought a couple of impulse food items to enjoy at home.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

PreviousNext

Return to Speak-Ez Community