Thank You

Speak-Ez Community

Thank You

Postby L TIERNAN on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:23 pm

I don't know where this thread belongs, but I just wanted to take a moment to thank all the members of this forum for being such good people. I mean, I haven't had the chance to interact with you ALL, but those of you I have interacted with are exemplary human beings; polite, civil, and empathetic at the very least.

I posted a request for quotes from musicians on a well respected musicians forum this morning, because I need them for a magazine article I am writing, and all I got was a maelstrom of hatred and nonsense.

Bad experiences always make me treasure the good things and good people in my life, and you ladies and gentlemen are truly good people.

Thank you for being who you are.

Best,

Laurier
http://www.facebook.com/natureairliner
http://www.facebook.com/LaurierTiernanMusic
L TIERNAN

Re: Thank You

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Shelter from any tempest or negativity helps to soothe the soul, rein in the impulse to give retribution, and allow for thinking time. Let those individuals figure out the meaning of goodwill in their own life experiences--perhaps they have not determined that they will not always receive and need to give a little bit of themselves. ;)

Lovely post, Tiernan! Thank YOU!
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby L TIERNAN on Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm

CielOnTap wrote:Shelter from any tempest or negativity helps to soothe the soul, rein in the impulse to give retribution, and allow for thinking time. Let those individuals figure out the meaning of goodwill in their own life experiences--perhaps they have not determined that they will not always receive and need to give a little bit of themselves. ;)

Lovely post, Tiernan! Thank YOU!

Yeah, thanks, I figured that out with a little help from another friend. Those people are in a hell of nonacceptance and they represent a challenge for me; an opportunity to ascend to a higher level of acceptance.
L TIERNAN

Postby Speak-Ez on Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:37 am

In an odd twist, I'd like to thank you for post, Laurier.

I don't recall if I contributed anything to your cause, even if only a post from me encouraging you, but I am aware of others here on Speak-Ez offering support. Funny, that it seemed such a natural thing to do, then I read you've had some negativity thrown at you from other sites.

I would assume that people who throw out such negativity have not "been there / done that" or they would know very well the music business is a very tough one and most do not succeed. On the other hand, that might be the reason -- they "were there / did that" and failed and they are taking their bitterness out on someone they are jealous of. Who knows? The human mind can be so great and so terrible.

Seems you've done the smart thing and moved on from the insults from those that will, in the long run, not be very important. Good luck on your path toward what it is you are aiming for. I think I recall it written that success is not a goal, it is a journey. I'm glad to hear that Speak-Ez has been a way station on your journey to success.

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby L TIERNAN on Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:18 am

Speak-Ez wrote:.
In an odd twist, I'd like to thank you for post, Laurier.

I don't recall if I contributed anything to your cause, even if only a post from me encouraging you, but I am aware of others here on Speak-Ez offering support. Funny, that it seemed such a natural thing to do, then I read you've had some negativity thrown at you from other sites.

I would assume that people who throw out such negativity have not "been there / done that" or they would know very well the music business is a very tough one and most do not succeed. On the other hand, that might be the reason -- they "were there / did that" and failed and they are taking their bitterness out on someone they are jealous of. Who knows? The human mind can be so great and so terrible.

Seems you've done the smart thing and moved on from the insults from those that will, in the long run, not be very important. Good luck on your path toward what it is you are aiming for. I think I recall it written that success is not a goal, it is a journey. I'm glad to hear that Speak-Ez has been a way station on your journey to success.

Yeah, it's weird, my editor thought it might be good to ask for quotes from musicians on musician's forums, and you'd think that they'd like to see their names in print, but all I got was abuse and nonsense. I'm never looking for professional feedback on a forum ever again. I'll use HARO (H.elp a R.eporter O.ut) at http://www.shankman.com

It's an awesome service where journalists/researchers can submit a query that in turn is mailed out on a mailing list that goes out twice daily to people who have volunteered to be potential "interviewees"; essentially people who have knowledge in one field or another and would benefit from press coverage. I had originally signed up as a potential interviewee, but now I'm on the journalist side.

Yeah, I love you guys. You're all positive, intelligent, level-headed folks, and I'm honored to be part of your community. You're right. The random "haters" won't matter at all, and I probably won't remember them when I get to the top. I don't know though, I've got a bad habit of forgiving and forgetting everything except for someone who goes out of their way to hurt me, then suddenly develop the memory of an elephant. :oops:
L TIERNAN

Postby L TIERNAN on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:28 am

I'd like to give renewed thanks for the existence of this board. I went over to JT for the first time in a long time and WOW do they bite now. They used to support me unconditionally, with the occasional slap on the wrist for "advertising", but now they allow NOTHING that is even slightly self-promotional, they delete is immediately, apparently by the request of some whiney people. My view of people like that is simply this; the internet is the biggest interactive TV in the world, if you don't like what you're watching, just "turn the channel". You don't need to yell at the screen or call the cable company to get them to erase some programing. Where is the personal responsibility in these people? Sorry. Rant over.

To focus on the positive, I'd like to reiterate my gratitude. Thank you very much for existing.
L TIERNAN

Postby Speak-Ez on Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:48 pm

A Speak-Ez Community Announcement

Our site has been allowing posts related to some opinions concerning other social networking sites and forums. Whether the opinions expressed are of a positive nature or negative, as long as the language used is civil, the Speak-Ez Community Moderation Team feels it is not a problem.

We do, though, feel it is appropriate for a representative from a site that has been portrayed in a negative manner to be allowed to post a rebuttal, but we do not feel we can allow a lengthy back and forth debate to commence here. That debate is best left on the site that's being discussed.

We have a view expressed in this thread about a site referred to a number of times in a related thread. That is a site identified as JT.

It has been confirmed that the member def is able to represent the site, JT, so we are going to repost the member's rebuttal, but then we wish for the issue to be closed.

We hope the Speak-Ez Community members will understand that we are trying to be fair, but that too much debate about another site not connected with the Speak-Ez Community is just not comfortable.

Here is the post by def, which addresses L TIERNAN's concerns related to the JT site.

def wrote:For the record, that absolutely is not true. Tiernan was allowed his last youtube self promotion page at JT, and is currently allowed the advertising in his signature.

The question is of allowing new threads to promote the same guy. Please show some objectivity.

BTW, I have never modded a Tiernan thread, I write this as an independent observer.

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Speak-Ez Community