Secret Service Protection?

Speak-Ez Community

Secret Service Protection?

Postby Speak1 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:08 pm

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

If president-elect Obama were to become a member of Speak-Ez Forums, would he then have some sort of Secret Service team assigned to protect his membership account here on Speak-Ez Forums? Maybe Will Smith?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
Speak1

Re: Secret Service Protection?

Postby CielOnTap on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:51 pm

The president-elect would be discouraged from having any access to forums/emails except through White House staff. Apparently, e-mail is not secure and that is the logic that Senator Obama's Blackberry phone/text gadget is being withdrawn from use, if you believe the security advice he was given.

I doubt he will give the gadget up entirely-the phone could be handy for takeout or emergency calls.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby Speak1 on Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:20 am

But I'm thinking that this will be a president that has built a really large following on the Internet and he may just decide some participation in a few, select discussion boards or forums would be a good thing for him to do. I mean, he is the boss, right? He can do what he wishes.

Speak-Ez or deja vu should send an official Speak-Ez invitation to the president to join our community here.

Then we get some secret Secret Service members joining up and they will keep away all the bad guys. What better security could we have? And what a draw that would be, right? The President of the United States a member! There would be a stampede of new members here. Then you and I, Ciel, will be so busy.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
Speak1

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:47 pm

Your idea needs some time to mull over. I may have a reply in a couple of days.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby fishandchips on Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 pm

The president-elect has so many issues waiting for his attention after January 20, I believe he will be losing sleep to have enough hours each day for the meetings, endless meetings...and press scrums. Flashing bulbs can tire eyes that have many documents to read. I predict an absence of computers in downtime for the president-elect. Think how a power failure can be a reprieve from glowing screens.

As for the security detail--the agents would rather have their own things to do.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby yukon on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:22 pm

New staff find White House in tech Dark Ages
'It's kind of like going from an Xbox to an Atari,' an Obama aide says

If the Obama campaign represented a sleek, new iPhone kind of future, the first day of the Obama administration looked more like the rotary-dial past.

Two years after launching the most technologically savvy presidential campaign in history, Obama officials ran smack into the constraints of the federal bureaucracy yesterday, encountering a jumble of disconnected phone lines, old computer software, and security regulations forbidding outside e-mail accounts.

What does that mean in 21st-century terms? No Facebook to communicate with supporters. No outside e-mail log-ins. No instant messaging. Hard adjustments for a staff that helped sweep Obama to power through, among other things, relentless online social networking.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28787998/

Hopefully they will bring the White House computers up to date. Its really over due. I was surprised to read the
software is at least 6 years old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obama gets to keep his BlackBerry
President's favorite tech tool will be allowed for personal use

Barack Obama gets to keep his beloved BlackBerry with him in the White House for personal use, a victory for the man considered the country's first high-tech president.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said today that a small group of senior advisers — as well as personal friends — will be permitted to have the e-mail address that reaches Obama's smartphone.

The president has been adamant about continuing to use a BlackBerry, which has Internet and e-mail access, despite concerns that likely have made the National Security Agency as nervous as the Secret Service on Inauguration Day when Obama left his presidential limo twice to walk and wave to crowds along Pennsylvania Avenue.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28780205/
The Moose sees all, hears all, knows it all. Listen to your
local moose, Folks!
yukon

Postby Speak-Ez on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:02 pm

yukon wrote:New staff find White House in tech Dark Ages

Hopefully they will bring the White House computers up to date. Its really over due. I was surprised to read the
software is at least 6 years old.

No matter what kind of security they've got on the White House network, I'm a bit surprised they released that information to the public. It's called OpSec.

Maybe the new staff in the White House needs to upgrade their thinking a bit. They're not in Chicago anymore.

And I would think it would be impolite to refer to people as sticks.

Of course, we'd then have a spelling mistake, instead of a grammar mistake. Which is worse?

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 pm

I am sure a maze of people are using Tricky or whatever it is called & THAT is into the hands of his staff that might take note or might answer some strange questions.
smitty

Return to Speak-Ez Community