Funny but true stories in the news

In the News
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Funny but true stories in the news

Post by deja vu » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Would you pay $85.00 plus tax for a T-Shirt that looks like you spilled coffee on it? Starbucks is betting you
will for this design.

from msnbc
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:05 pm

They have to be crazy to younger people. Last thing most want is some indication a bit of coffee or such landed on a t-shirt so no EXTRA money for such a T-shirt.

My t-shirts had the gyms I worked out in, the gun club I attend, possibly the make of m/c I dide to my liking for such & such a music.

I do know of a lad in the USA school with a T-shirt he had won at a .22 cal rifle shooting match so a medal along with the T-shirt. This was just after the 9/11 incident & he was kicked out of school. I could see it if it had a drawing or a massive machine gun shooting, but this was so different & in such a polite manner. For he was a bit prowd that he had shot that well.

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Christmas is coming and if your not sure what to get for that hard to buy for person, here's an idea. Goalposts. No kidding, you can bid on a pair of them.

New Zealand Herald:

It's a goooaaaallll!

Purchase a piece of rugby history... the goal posts from Carisbrook. Some great names have kicked some famous goals over these old girls. Posts are in tip top condition and the black dot is included on both cross bars (post sold as a pair)!

cards

Post by cards » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:49 pm

10th annual America’s Best Restroom contest.

And the WINNER Is:

If you’re heading to the Field Museum in Chicago to check out its world-class exhibits, you may want to consider stopping at its latest award-winning spot - the restroom.

This year’s 10th annual America’s Best Restroom contest, sponsored by Cintas Corp., named the Field Museum’s ground-floor restrooms as the top bathroom in America as chosen by online voters.

http://www.timescolonist.com/Chicago+mu ... story.html

Had no idea this award existed, I would bet 99 % didn't have a clue. No mention of who came
in second place.

smitty

Post by smitty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Some doozers up above, but i have several I can tell you for they come from several of the gun boards.

First being a chap, some yrs ago held up a bank & was given the Cashier's money NOT realizing that the pack of money was with a red die that might go off. So not hard to find him in his jeans with the jeans sort ot turning red from pocket to crothc area.

Then another was about to hold up a bank, but in last minuted he realized he needed a bag, grabbed one, make the entrance & could not understand why staff & customers of the bank were laughing. Reason being after comming to due to his evening on drinking booze not all of his mind was working as it should FOR said bag was all clear plastic,

smitty

Post by smitty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:18 pm

Some doozers above. Being on a few gun boards I picked up a few, but this was some years back when many criminals did not know some things.

This one chapped entered a bank demanded said money, the cashier gave it to him, in his pocket & running. Not realizing some of those packs of money have a red die that will go off. So not hard for the police to spot someone with jeans on but with red die at the pocket to crotch area----I also think the die tends to burn once it lets loose.

Another is long ago, but this boozer wakes up for his long sleep after the binge he had bean on. That is whey he realizes he does not have any money, is about to hit this bank, then remembers he needs a bag over his head, picks up one, tries to make the robbery, only was let down as the clerks to those dealing with the bank were all laughing for his bag over his head was just clear plastic.

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:00 pm

It's Ogopogo time again. Another video surfaced a few weeks ago. As others of the past, it is blurry and hard to see anythihng of real value. One thing is for sure, like it's Scottish cousin it is a good tourist attraction in a beautiful location. The video is at the end of this article:

http://www.globaltvbc.com/video+possibl ... story.html

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Courtesy TimesColonist

dragonfly

Post by dragonfly » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:47 am

Hate washing the Blue Jeans?

Here is a solution, but I haven't tested it so can't say if it actually works or not.

Courtesy of Yahoo News:
Denim retailers from Levi's to Gap want you to stop washing your jeans after every wear. Ultimately, the more you wash, the more water you waste and the more your denim will fade. To benefit the planet and your wallet, freeze your jeans instead. By slipping your pants into a plastic bag and tossing them in the freezer for a night or two, you can kill odour causing bacteria, preserve your worn-in fit, and maintain the colour so that they'll look brand new way longer. Plus, you will end up doing laundry less frequently. Time for a bigger freezer.
Two parts dark rum, two parts cranberry juice, and one part pineapple juice

smitty

Post by smitty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Yes some people believe in the Ogopogo, to where some claim they have seen one or it in the Okanagan Lake. Myself & others look upon it as another dream or strange way of looking at life.

Changing this a bit is the fur like man they call something. Obviously cannot even remember as any comment on it goes in one ear & out the other.

Though a few yrs some high school kids dreamed up dressing to look like one. This chap was spotted by the Grey Hound to where some started to chase him/it. One was even an RCMP costable in plain clothing.

This big foot nearly ran out of breath, feeling they might catch him for he was only 5'8" & remember the RCMP Constable has to be 6' pr taller.

This was in the media some years ago & since then there has been no mention of him/her.