Daylight Saving Time

In the News

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Postby fishandchips on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Already that time of year to move the clocks back? Oh, JOY! Need a clock holiday but clocks are not made in North America, are they? Speakezforums had a thread on schools that take students for clockmaking and that get jobs right out of school. Switzerland probably has a special day for clocks.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby smitty on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:58 pm

I have DST & wish the time would be normal from one end of the year to the other. So many people get mixed up on the two changes every year & none seem to like DST of fellow Western Canadians. Thankfully it was left along in Saskatchewan.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:09 pm

Smitty:

Saskatchewan may have the right idea. Thankfully I only have to turn my watch and microwave clock back an hour later tonight. The TV
does it automatically.

Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:27 pm

What a bummer, for this evening I realized I was getting low on things like milk, some fruit, to some vegitables. So starting to drive to the Grocery store ONLY did not realize this was Halloween night & all these teeners were dressed in DARK gear with no reflectors, no flashlights & did not care about the traffic they stepped into that was still rolling. No eggs throwen thank-you.

We basically do NOT have paved sidewalks, SO things can be tricky when it is dark & teeners are sort of in another world. I did see a husband & wife taking their usual walk with bright clothing fully reflective gear along with flash lights & reflectors. So the difference between teeners & adults really stood out that strongly. Also the adults walked against the oncomming traffic while the teeners were all over the place.
smitty

Postby fishandchips on Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:27 am

The morning show hosts for the weekend must have been glad to get some extra winks. Expect to see much headwear on the outdoor spot report segments and those wrapped scarves on the journalists in coming days. Yes, it's nippy outside. Fall's stage exit from the colourful leaves.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:47 pm

In two weeks, North America switches time ahead to DST. It still feels too early for the change. I suggest we prorogue tax payments until our provincial leaders strike out DST.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby burnt fare on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:25 pm

Darn, that news just gave the Monday blues. I'll have to plan a transition to the time change then, so it won't be a shock to get up "early."
Burger time
burnt fare

Postby deja vu on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:18 pm

So soon? How time flies. :lol:
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pysanky on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:02 pm

March start today and reminder about time! Did not check calendar, so thanks for post. This clock-moving trouble; clock-watching at work is sport for all.
Happy New Year-2015 now on scene.
pysanky

Postby smitty on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 pm

Even in a year my outlook on DST is the same as last year. I ruddy pain in the neck to me & so many others. Thing will be screwed up again especially it dates to what is the real time----confussion to us older people I can assure you.

Now if I have this right I am to be at he Subaru Car shop for a recall job that is to take 3 hrs, at 11:00am or is it 10:00am or NOON? Time of confusion for sure to also when I am to be a the gun range for I could be there an hour early or an hour late & others will also be confused.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to In the News