Are you ready to Fall Back?
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Daylight Saving Time

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

More than ready for the time switch! I'd like our provinces to say no to following the US custom of switching clocks ahead in March and back in November. Let's just stay on Standard Time. Surely someone has calculated how much it costs society to change all the time settings on 5-10 objects.

Has anyone in North America found their iPhones not picking up on the November week of DST?
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby fishandchips on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:29 pm

Tick-tock, tick-tock, getting ready to change back the clocks tonight! How I wish that we could let the clocks be...more minutes to enjoy sleep or a show or people. Pleasant dreams!
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby smitty on Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Thing is I know tomorrow I have to open up the gun range, but then really this DT is bunging things up. Like is it 2:12 pm now or should I set my clock back 2 hrs before going to bed this evening.

I hate this frustrations & am having more then enough right now after spending three days or more in a hospital for so many test, to also making it home, in driving there on my own & driving home on my own plus several times I have been to this small towns hospital with a lab, X-ray machinery & knowing a few yrs I had both of my eyes operated on for my depth of field was frightening me as a m/c rider on the twisties & now that is perfected. Still any of you that are Cdns know about the little let out to the Provincial Govts & so some ideal small town hospitals were closed down. Yet eye operation is carried out in the '69 Summerland hospital.

I know when my father died in '83 we made a donation of $3,500.00, but once my mother passed away in '91 no donations were made to this hospital being closed down. I have mentioned that on one occasation waiting fo the swine flu shot I noted the washroom was open sto stepped in & was shocked with the complete floor, the cieling, to all the walls were with tile. Making a wasroom in Penticton hospital look like ---well like it was built some 80 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!! Ih yes the Summeralnd was built in '69.

Fact is i am back to shooting with both eyes open rather then closing the left eye & usin the right for aiming a h/gun.

I know the above befuddles the beginners when shooting with us. Mind you a good shooter WILL shoot with both eyes open & same for the trap shooters.
smitty

Postby fishandchips on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:11 pm

This is the last spring for DST in Russia. Medvedev said so.
http://www.prime-tass.com/news/_Medvedev_Russia_to_abolish_daylight_saving_time_from_2011/0/%7BDC2D9772-2B92-4E00-8F99-1C650FD06143%7D.uif

I could stand the abolition of DST--too many things to change forward and then wonder who's clock is really correct timewise.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby smitty on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:55 pm

As most can see the stupid Daylight Saving time is something I look upon as the pits. Also the shift back screws up others as well. BOTH have members turning up at the gun range to early or to late & all curse this dalylight saving time. I have never heard one to praise or back it for any reasons.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:44 pm

US and Canada have to move clocks forward on Sunday morning, two weeks before the UK and Europe:

Daylight Savings Time is headed our way whether you like it or not. Officially, the clocks skip ahead an hour Sunday at 2 a.m.

Each year Ontarians lose an hour of sleep on the second Sunday in March. The hour of sleep is gained back the first Sunday in November when the clocks are set back an hour.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/952386--turn-clocks-ahead-this-weekend

It is an election year in Ontario. Which provincial party is willing to legislate DST out of existence for Ontario? Time is considered a provincial concern. I'd like to side with Saskatchewan and not business in the US-let's have Eastern Standard Time all year long. Routines will be consistent.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:52 pm

It's that time of year again.

It's time for the clocks to fall back one hour at 2am Sunday. The exception in Canada is the province of Saskatchewan.

Saskatchewan DST:
The provincial government (of Saskatchewan) received requests to adopt Daylight Saving Time, has examined the issue in detail and has decided to retain the current time system established under The Time Act for all of Saskatchewan. This issue is a divisive one with no consensus apparent within the whole province.

Saskatchewan is naturally located within the Mountain Standard Time (MST) zone which runs from just west of Winnipeg, Manitoba to just east of Lethbridge, Alberta. Under The Time Act, Saskatchewan adopted Central Standard Time and therefore shares the same time as Alberta during the summer months and the same time as Manitoba during the winter months.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby signs on Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Daylight saving time ends on Sunday, which means there are a few of us asking ourselves, as we do biannually: "It's spring ahead, fall back, right?" and "Which one is the good one?" We're happy to remind our dear readers that a) it's "fall back" (duh) and b) this is the good one.

We'll get an extra hour of sleep Sunday morning, and we'll all enjoy lighter, brighter mornings. That also means longer, darker evenings. Your body doesn't know it yet, but this is going to be awesome.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011 ... -fall-back

Did it a little while ago. The TV sets itself as does the computer. Only had to deal with the microwave
and watch. Looking forward to that extra hour.
Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
signs
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby smitty on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Honestly I find it hard to Spring ahead & Fall back. For yesterday I did not know if I was an hour early or an hour late at the gun range. To find the Trap Chairman had arrived before me & was with some polishing of his car, for nothing to do till fellow trap shooters arrived.

So yes a few of us were mixed up & I knew I have a clock upstairs & one beside the bed in the basement, but both were not correct.

True I should be able to not the Monitor of my computer indicating the time & what day it was BUT unfortunately the PC monitor had stopped working on Saturday & I finally got it working, with luck, later after we had been over at the gun range.

Being an honest to gosher I was a born "Saskabusher", from Saskatoon, back in 1930, when I was bonn, & still feel Saskatchewan is 100% correct.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to In the News