I take it this is halloween night, but then with all the mid

In the News

I take it this is halloween night, but then with all the mid

Postby smitty on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:25 pm

-----Ifelt Halloween was last week.

It is hard to believe, thank you to the midia. They are making parties out of everyting, be it sport, the date of someone in the past, to just so much more that it is AMAZING.

Only with some of the bush parties for high school kids those they did not envite will turn up along with booze to illegal drugs & some poor young gals are the loosers for there is no way the Police of RCMP can keep said bush parties down.
smitty

Re: I take it this is halloween night, but then with all the mid

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:47 pm

I heard a couple of interesting things about Halloween:

1) rural families will take their kids by car to a survey out of town where there are more houses for trick or treating then return later to pick the group up. While it seems like a good idea, what do kids or teens do if trouble happens and they don't know the area or adults to ask for help?

2) some families skip the door-to-door outing by providing a Halloween party. There are families willing to host such gatherings to ease their minds about what the kids do or collect.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:57 pm

The only way to shut the teens bush party is for a torrential downpour or snowstorm. If that happens then an out of the way rave will probably pop up and that spells even more trouble. No matter where the teens show up, theres a good bet there wont be an adult in sight and trouble is just waiting to strike. The news said they are doubling the police presence in the city but no mention of how they will deal with any bush parties that may show up if the weather cooperates.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:14 pm

You are right deja vu for the bush party might have sounded like a good one amonst friends. Though in the past year the home parties was raided by unwanted guests & so many of them selling booze to drugs. Soke of those poor kids had something like 30 to arrive only to be mobbed by almost 200.

At least a phone call & the RCMP would be there to break it all up, BUT with a bush party the RCMP have no idea of where it is being held. Most of these unwanted people were the sort of trouble makers they did not like, to also so many at the Pacific Coast like to hit the bush parties to peddal booze to illegal drugs.

Most unfortunately a number of the normal females asked to be at the bush party are often knocked out with the drugs & in a number of cases the women have suffered for a number of reasons.

I just think of the parents to go to this sensible bush part to NOT realize what could be going on.
smitty

Postby guitarblues on Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Parents once were teens and they know the appeal of being out of parents' sight for a social time. There are adults likely at bush parties--just because they go to university or work does not always mean missing a party unless they see the value of putting studies and work first. Think also of the "if you drink don't drive" messages and parents who don't let kids sample alcohol at home--those kids are eager to do hard liquor with peers and pressure when the chance comes along. Well, many kids are going to have that temptation.

Party hardly means getting to know other guests and following a program of social interaction and maybe a game or two after a meal. Now it means dressing up, drinking and eating your feelings in public, and sitting or spending money. Not always much real socializing, when everyone and his or her siblings are asking for fundraisers for this that and the other cause or themselves. Used to be a time when one would visit with the neighbours, not just show up when someone has a birthday or event.
You'll be smiling if you sing some songs.
guitarblues

Postby keychain on Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:44 pm

Where fiction meets reality in Oregon, thanks to a Disney movie "Halloweentown" St. Helens Oregon AKA Halloweentown is transformed each
year and now the word is out and the popularity is growing. Kids of all ages may enjoy this visit.

http://www.eonline.com/ca/news/694129/h ... -the-scoop
Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda
you'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me
he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag, 

keychain

Return to In the News