File This Under What Were They Thinking?

In the News

Re: File This Under What Were They Thinking?

Postby smitty on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:34 pm

If you do not mind deja vu, I am going back to the Nun that used money from other places to gamble.

I am a non-gambler. Fact is I would not bet you who would win if we both flipped coins. Which I feel is something my past away parents sort of tought me as they did not gamble.

For when so many legit gambling joints were started up in so many of our cities I was torally against them. Not to mention the people that have gone into such debts that the gamble people have photos & name of them, but still many still go in to loose out in gambling.

Proof of my parents outlook was when down to Vagus for another reason & were given a roll of 25cent coins. Wasted them & once they saw there was enough left for supper THAT is where the last of the coins was spent.
smitty

Postby smitty on Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Yes you do have me thinking, but not about politics or matters in our countries.

It seems the islamic religion has many books that we can study along with Videors one can purchase.

True in every hotel room you will find a Bible though I have no interest in the many variations of the Christian belief in the bible. Oh some, I guess, as my parents sort of tought me, as a very young boy well well below his teener years, what was right or wrong to some other things in the bible.

Though as we know some have joined the Islamic religion in the USA & some other Western Countries.
smitty

Postby smitty on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Smitty wrote:This small town in going to find out all these concrete sort of flowers to bushes tp trees. parts of many hwys are going to be trouble. Even now so many of us are finding the roads are becomming QUITE NARROW due to sidewalks on both sides plus the above concrete cutter. For last start of window I was a safe distance behind several cars that were not speeding like it was summer time, though when it came the turn into town & on North Pairie Valley Road, they could not see the white sign with black print indicating this mess above I mention & their left wheel hit the above & car was sent on quit a lurch for a second or two. The town has not realized this can happen to many & they should make changes to blinking signs for SAFETY.

Even Grey Hound complained early at the start, so one was removed as this made it impossible for the bus to come in or out of their main parking place with products & such. So that one was removed.

For sure some of those that live back on on road have been finding it hard to come onto the main road with traffic travelling east & west, but with all the concrety pretty stuff is going to have people complaining in this part, as mentioned along with some others.

So will this give the Town Fathers the right to say all vehicles in the business town will have to be battery powered golf carts? Mind you the RCMP do not look upon the above with SAFETY or acceptable compared to other cars, tucks, scooters, bicycles to m/cs.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:22 pm

A Canadian man who forgot his passport has said that he managed to cross the border into the US using a copy of the document he had scanned on to his iPad.

Martin Reisch, from Montreal, presented the US border office with his digital device after realising near the border that he did not have his passport. He said he told the official that he was heading to Vermont to deliver Christmas presents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16403636

All the new rules and hoops we have to jump through and this guy may have passed through security with only a computer image. Nuts. and whether it's true or not others are going to try it now.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Thu May 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Well I am sort of thinking of the B.C. Provincal Liberals now admits when 13 yrs of age was smoking pot. She thinks this is sort of funny, well that showed up last evening on the NEWS.

TRUE it was Cambell, priviously that liked his parties to his drinking of booze.

Not ideal to have someone drunk driving a car or same if they are high on some illegal drugs.

Okay so I am overly straight since I have never touched liquor, not even beer or a wine, to smoking or use of illegal drugs. I guess others look upon me as being far off line.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Thu May 31, 2012 10:02 pm

CLEVELAND (WKYC) -- Police have identified a real life cleaning fairy -- who may be flapping her wings into a jail cell. The woman broke into a Westlake home, did some light cleaning, then left a bill.

The family thought a cleaning service sent someone to the wrong house, but the "cleaning fairy" told them it was no mistake, and they better pay up. Sherry Bush has re-told the story more times than she can remember, and every neighbor wants to know about the cleaning woman who took the sign on her front door a bit too literally.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/20699 ... aning-Bill

I saw this on the tv news today.

Not exactly the way to attract new business, B&E, clean and leave the bill. Priceless.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:42 pm

This food court ‘oasis’ takes reservations You’re at the mall and you’re feeling famished. But you’re worried you won’t get a seat at the crowded food court.

Why not reserve a table? The upscale food court wars just got a little crazier with the introduction of a table reservation system at Toronto’s Yorkdale mall.

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/1 ... ening?bn=1

My how times have changed. It's not the Yorkdale Mall I remember shopping at way back when.

Unbelievable. Reservations to eat KFC, Subway and other fast food at a mall in Toronto. Designer furniture, plated food and cutlery and someone greets you with a variety of perfumes. Absolutely nuts.

I wonder how the new food court will survive messy kids and hoardes of teenagers.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:37 pm

Seems we have another illegal drug, that is to be banned in Canada. Called of all thing 'Bath Salts" more like what a woman has when having a normal bath.

That plus a number of residents from the interior of B.C. have been cought on a boat loaded with illegal drugs.

One has to wonder what will be next?

Thlough several years ago Kelowna was claimed to b the most unforgiving City in Canada. Only it seemed to pop up yesterday, not the worst in Canada, but one of the worst to some people in Kelowna.

Personnaly I can say this is most dangerous city to be riding a motorcycle for I have been hit from behind when at a Red light stop sign, because I stopped & did not run the light. That is costly to one's bike to their protective gear & a concussion or two. Like I will NOT drive a Subaru in Kelowna & will not ride a m/c in Kelowna. For Penticton city is much safer in both cases for it is NOT AS LARGE as Kelowna.
smitty

Postby smitty on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:38 pm

Smitty wrote:Seems we have another illegal drug, that is to be banned in Canada. Called of all thing 'Bath Salts" more like what a woman has when having a normal bath.

That plus a number of residents from the interior of B.C. have been cought on a boat loaded with illegal drugs. By Australian police or possibly a patrol boat.

One has to wonder what will be next?

Thlough several years ago Kelowna was claimed to b the most unforgiving City in Canada. Only it seemed to pop up yesterday, not the worst in Canada, but one of the worst to some people in Kelowna.

Personnaly I can say this is most dangerous city to be riding a motorcycle for I have been hit from behind when at a Red light stop sign, because I stopped & did not run the light. That is costly to one's bike to their protective gear & a concussion or two. Like I will NOT drive a Subaru in Kelowna & will not ride a m/c in Kelowna. For Penticton city is much safer in both cases for it is NOT AS LARGE as Kelowna.
smitty

Postby smitty on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 am

The bit of getting away with almost no passport is a new one to me. Also because even at 80 yrs of age so never required on as the normal border line between Canada & the USA was okay for me to cross & compete in some m/c racing events.

I was mentioning the matter of my PAL would probably do the job, for that has the most ID on it that anyone can trace back on. Seems I mentioned this in a m/c board & one Cdn chap said he wished he could obtain a PAL to even be able to buy a gun.

One problem being that he has a criminal record on him. So being polite I stated he had to wait for that to wear off or obtain a pardon on himself.

I know a number of riders would not be able to answer all the PERSONAL QUESTIONS for so many are strong believes in illegal drugs.

Though I am struck, by the chap that killed two Asian women that were in a small Asian restaurant to also previously his land lord. So he was killed by the RCMP.

Thing in on Vancouver Island, the RCMP had taken away this same rifle, a while back, but given back to him. Now according to he Federal laws on f/arms if they take away your rifle for some reason you will be lucky to obtain in after a fine some 10 years later on & being illegal to obtain a hunting license for 10 yrs.

I say this because on chap I know left his Lee Enfield rifle in his van & RCMP noted it so the fine, the confinscation, to also 10 yrs later on he would have to wait another 10 years before he could apply a hunting license.

Thing is in searching one of his written books he had in mind to kill a number of other owners of business he had been at or their manager.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to In the News