File This Under What Were They Thinking?

In the News
smitty

Re: File This Under What Were They Thinking?

Post by smitty » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:39 am

After this strange incident of finding one foot & one hand at two different schools for young children, I have to ask did some of them feel Magnotta was a sort of hero?

So the confussion about the above, but NOW it seems amongst the body parts of the slaughtered & cut up the Chines Exchange student in Montreal, they are also stating that ONE foot is a false one. So did this foot arrive to Magnotta from some of the above two kids????

Here is where you dread what young people are believing in when it comes the the Internet & who they may be in contact with.

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:19 pm

$3 Million Building Sinking Into Ground

$3 Million Building Sinking Into Ground, “We had a catastrophic failure.” That’s how an official describes the unfinished welcome center. $3 million building sinks just weeks before completion:

The future home of the Cajun Coast Visitor’s and Convention Bureau that was built on a swamp, is now sinking. St. Mary Parish invested more than $3 million on the bonded and insured project.

http://todaynewsgazette.com/3-million-b ... to-ground/

Come on, they say they didn't know this could happen? Hello, you spent 3 million to build on a swamp, of course it's going to sink, I'm just surprised it took this long. Clearly, they were not thinking when they approved this project. More surprising is the Insurance Company bought into the idea that the soil samples were good when it's swamp land. Boy the Real Estate company saw a sucker when they showed up.

I have to wonder if the soil samples that were taken were actually from that site.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Toronto Star:

Two people trying to light a candle suffered serious burns early Sunday.

The pair, a man and woman in their 20s, tried adding fuel to a floating wick candle while it was still lit, causing flames to shoot in the air. The man and woman sustained burns to their upper and lower bodies respectively. Two witnesses who rushed to help when the pair’s clothes caught fire also had minor burns.

They are lucky to be alive. They should know that gas and fire do not mix. It's just as stupid to add gas to a camp fire to get a bigger flame. Play safe people, think before acting. You never know whose life you may safe by thinking first.

pysanky

Post by pysanky » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Sump pumps-many needed in water areas or flood prone zone. $3 million lesson in building just found out by tourism people. Need engineering students to help save the thing.

Lit candle + gas = big energy release.
Happy New Year-2015 now on scene.

no1home

Post by no1home » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:11 pm

A couple who fraudulently claimed more than £130,000 in disability benefits have been jailed after they were pictured scuba-diving abroad. Rose Jones, 53, from Ramsgate in Kent, was jailed for 15 months after being convicted last month of 12 charges at Canterbury Crown Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18971755

Every time someone tries this it always blows up in their face. They will always trip up or someone will report them, it never fails, yet they
never learn.

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Several times when mountain climbing one or two of us slept, cooked & such in a sort of closed hammock-----so if not experience anyting coud have put our quarters on fire.

A few days ago I was going over some of my Climbing gear, used back in the 50s I there was my premus stove to also my canel inclosed for my light inside. So you learn from other what is best to use. Probably NOW tings have changed dramatically.

True once in a while we have our lighting knocked out. That is when I go to one candle in my Den, to also walk upstairs with a flashlight to an even larger candel I will use when cooking up something , but really the lack of electricity puts a stop to what I might cook & often think of what I used when climbing. Yes most food was dehiderated & in a pkg in those days, so used the snow to be melted when in need of water for many reasons.

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:57 pm

This man is lucky to be alive after this stunt. Thinking clearly didn't come into the picture when he jumped into play with the Big Cats. I think he needs a psych exam while he's in the hospital, because no sane person would think that a full grown cat is going to play nice. Maybe if the tiger was 1 or 2 months old and then forget it.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09 ... tiger?lite
The man who jumped out of the Bronx Zoo's monorail into the tiger exhibit is expected to face criminal charges, according to law enforcement officials.

Investigators now believe that David Villalobos was not attempting to commit suicide Friday afternoon when he made the leap into the tiger den. Villalobos, 25, was mauled by a Siberian tiger before zoo employees rescued him by using fire extinguishers to distract the big cat, zoo officials said. Based on Villalobos' statements to investigators and what they've seen on his Facebook page it appears he was obsessed with the tigers and just wanted to be with them, police said.

ice cream

Post by ice cream » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:05 pm

A Canadian police officer was among three people charged as the country's authorities announced they had busted a major cheese-smuggling ring. A joint US-Canadian investigation found C$200,000 (£125,600) of cheese and other products were illicitly brought over the border into southern Ontario.

The smugglers sold large quantities of cheese, which is cheaper in the US, to restaurants, it is alleged. The other two men charged were civilians, one a former police officer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19751695

Unbelievable. This should be on an episode of COPS.

These bad boys may be stopped, but now the idea is out there that there is money in cheese. Others may be foolish enough to follow in their footsteps.
Beware of brain freeze

smitty

Post by smitty » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm

At a sport shop, our new H/gun Conservative, told me he had bought some Chinese 9mm ammo. Know their past reputation of LOUSY AMMO, tough good fireworks, I sas that any Chinese ammo is a bad buy or to use. For a few h/guns have blowen apart when at the range.

I FORGOT to take him some Dept of Defense 9MM AMMO FOR OUTDOOR SHOOTING WITH A STEN MACHINE GUN OR BROWNING P-35 being the armed forces side-arm. Though the said ammo is dated back into the 50s it will shoots well. ONLY I forgot to take it to him & did not ask him if the Chinese 9mm was good for outdoor shooting.

I am getting low on 180 Grain Cast Semi-wadcutter bullet tips. I tried to contact a firm in Kitchener Ontario to possibly buy some 190 Gr SWC, for the price was good. UNFORTUNATELY the sport shop is run by the daughter, for her father had passed away, & in both cases the ordered the cast bullet tips from another chap & then sent them to me.

Looks like it is going to be hard to obtain a decent 45ACP bullet tip for I have my reloads down to perfection of where they are all hitting the bull with ease.

A few years later a chap churned out ideal 180Gr CSWC & bought 1000 from him each time, only now he is to old to churn out those which I would buy. Once chap came out with 200 Gr., CSWC only they require a heavier load of powder. Oh the pros & cons of trying to keep shooting.

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:00 am

In this age of technology, she was foolish to think she would not be caught. It's lucky she didn't injure or kill anyone. I saw the video on the news and she didn't just do it once, she was caught on video doing it day after day. Easy solution would be leave earlier or later to avoid that bus.

Toronto Star -
CLEVELAND—A woman caught on camera driving on a sidewalk to avoid a Cleveland school bus that was unloading children will have to stand at an intersection wearing a sign warning about idiots. Court records show a Cleveland Municipal Court judge on Monday ordered 32-year-old Shena Hardin to stand at an intersection for two days next week. She will have to wear a sign saying: “Only an idiot drives on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus.”

The judge ordered her to wear the sign from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. both days. Hardin’s license was suspended for 30 days and she was ordered to pay $250 in court costs. Messages seeking comment were left at a telephone listing for Hardin and at her attorney’s office.