Horror movies

Music, Movies, TV, Humor, Anime, Books

Horror movies

Postby yukon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Whats your favorite?

28 weeks was a good one, havent seen the sequel yet. Im hearing mixed reviews on that one. Still
want to see it though. Hopefully its as good as the first. Too bad the original actors didnt come back
for the second one.

Has anyone seen The Changeling with George C. Scott? That is a really good movie for a dark stormy
night.
The Moose sees all, hears all, knows it all. Listen to your
local moose, Folks!
yukon

Re: Horror movies

Postby deja vu on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:22 pm

I have seen The Changeling before. Really well done and George C. Scott is excellent
in it. First rate and a classic.

I watched another horror movie the other night. Deep Blue Sea.

Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dreamon on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:17 pm

With halloween around the corner the horror movies are out in force.

Dawn of the Dead is quirky but good. I dont watch the Nightmare on Elm Street series or the Halloween Mike Myers series
of movies. Have not seen any of them and dont plan to in the future.

The universe is big It's vast and complicated and ridiculous and sometimes, very rarely
impossible things just happen and we call them miracles
dreamon

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:00 pm

This movie is from a director known for horror movies, but is this a horror film or suspense?

'Tokyo Sonata' subtitled for English-speaking audiences
By ERIKO ARITA
Staff writer
The film "Tokyo Sonata," which won the Jury Prize at the 2008 Cannes International Film Festival, will be shown with English subtitles in Tokyo from Dec. 13 to 19. Directed by the renowned Kiyoshi Kurosawa, the film tells a cynical but warm story about a dysfunctional family in Japan.

A middle-aged office worker, Ryuhei Sasaki (Teruyuki Kagawa), has been fired by his company, but he doesn't tell his wife, Megumi (Kyoko Koizumi) and his two sons, and continues to pretend to go to work. Housewife Megumi cooks doughnuts for her sons everyday, but her youngest son, Kenji (Kai Inowaki), notices his mother's despair. Kenji, a sixth-grader, is hiding the fact from his family that he is learning to play piano. His brother, Taka (Yu Koyanagi), a college student, is working part-time and hardly returns home. One day, when Kenji returns home, the other family members have disappeared . . .
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fq20081212a3.html
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby yukon on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Why horror sequels wear out their welcome
Oh boy. The third ‘Underworld’ movie is here...

Horror sequels are rotten. They’ve zoomed way past horror remakes on my scary movie hate-list.

In fact, thanks to stuff like the shocking and surprisingly awesome “Dawn of the Dead” remake and the new 3D version of “My Bloody Valentine” (a film with no agenda except to throw lots of blood and guts at your face, provided your glasses are on), I can’t even say I hate the concept of the remake on principle anymore. Those two, all by themselves, can help me forget that I paid money to see the reboots of “When a Stranger Calls,” “Black Christmas” and “Prom Night.”

But popular franchises that don’t know when to lay down the chainsaw — sequels that are energetic as strippers on the breakfast shift — are bilking horror fans of money that could be spent buying vintage “Mark of the Devil” barf bags on eBay. Here’s where they go wrong:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28699215/
The Moose sees all, hears all, knows it all. Listen to your
local moose, Folks!
yukon

Postby deja vu on Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:44 pm

1999 version of The Haunting, starring Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Owen Wilson.

Have seen it a couple of times and so well done, much better than the original in 1963.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Entertainment