IF you won the lottery

Music, Movies, TV, Humor, Anime, Books
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Re: IF you won the lottery

Post by CielOnTap » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:50 pm

I have noticed that three Ontario lottery tickets and one Quebec lottery tickets had numbers matching the drawn ones for yesterday's draw. The coming week could be a busy one with their stories, should the winners determine to come forward and claim their prizes.
80s pop music fan here!

fishandchips

Post by fishandchips » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:14 pm

one Quebec lottery tickets
More than one ticket? ;)

Glad that the jackpot is getting split amongst four tickets.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:16 pm

18 winners is fine, says Lotto board
26 February 2009, 16:52
Johannesburg - The integrity of the National Lottery was intact and there was nothing irregular about 18 winners sharing a recent jackpot, the National Lotteries Board (NLB) said on Thursday.

NLB spokesman Sershan Naidoo was reacting to concerns raised in the media and by members of the public after 18 people shared a recent R21 9 million jackpot.

The draw process was separate from the electronic gaming systems that record the wagers of players.

"When sales for a particular draw is closed, an independent auditing firm removes a tape containing a copy of all transactions for that draw and hands it over to the board. http://www.capeargus.co.za/?fSectionId= ... 208C384862

Coworkers can do pools for lottery tickets; also there exists the prospect that different ticketholders chose the same numbers. More to share of the jackpot in the end, regardless of who has the winning ticket numbers.
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 pm

A Canadian lottery game, Super 7, will have its last draw in September. The game that gives you two free set of numbers for every set of seven digits paid is going to end.

Super 7 lottery to end in September
Mar 03, 2009 02:37 PM
THE CANADIAN PRESS
A popular national lottery is being scratched after 15 years.

Canadians will have to cash in on a new lottery on Friday nights starting in September when the national Lotto Super 7 comes to an end.

Since the Super 7 was launched in June 1994, it has generated sales of $11.44 billion and players have won $6.73 billion, said Ontario Lottery Corp. spokesman Rui Brum in an interview from Sault. Ste. Marie.

But he noted it has been going for almost 15 years and it's time for a change. http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/article/595838
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:42 pm

A woman taking part in a health testing campaign won a prize from the program! Money! ($100000 rand =$12953 CDN)

Birthday girl’s HIV-test surprise
Lauren Cohen Published:Mar 22, 2009

Phumela Xanywa went for an HIV test on her birthday — and ended up getting a R100000 present.

The 23-year-old banking credit analyst of Cape Town is the eighth winner in the Discovery Health Sunday Times HIV-testing competition, launched in July last year.

Xanywa had an HIV test in September last year and was urged by a nursing sister at a pharmacy in Tyger Valley to enter the draw.

“Knowing my HIV status has become part of who I am.

“I try to test every year. I just decided to do this one on my birthday and I got the best gift ever,” said Xanywa.

The bubbly young woman, who lives in Durbanville and hails from Lady Frere in the Eastern Cape, could not believe her luck.
http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=964054
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:50 pm

New York man ignores friends' superstition, wins $26M on Friday the 13th
Mon Mar 23, 11:52 AM
By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - Ignoring his friends has paid off big for a New York man.

He won $26 million in a Friday the 13th lottery draw. New York state lottery officials say the winner lives in Wyandanch, on Long Island, but did not disclose the name of the El Salvador native. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/0903 ... ty_lucky13

This winner will find out who his all-weather friends are and who are fair-weather friends. But the Internal Revenue Service gets its share first in taxes!
80s pop music fan here!

Sugarfix

Post by Sugarfix » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:12 am

If we won the lottery say 2 million ...
We would open a restaurant , purchase a house outright, probably furnish it and get a new vehicle . And save/invest the remainder.

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Tue May 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Someone got a good reason to celebrate her win, given that she had the flu!

Flu keeps Spanish woman from learning of lottery jackpot
Module body
2 hours, 35 minutes ago
MADRID (AFP) - A 25-year-old Spanish woman who won a record 126 million euros (172 million dollars) in the Euro Millions lottery only learned of her good luck days later after spending the weekend bed-ridden with the flu, officials said Tuesday.

The unnamed woman from the island of Majorca discovered that she had won the jackpot awarded Friday when lottery officials finally tracked her down on Monday, online lottery seller Serviapuestas said in a statement.

"I was still sick on Monday so I decided to go to work out of fear of losing my job given the economic crisis we are going through," she was quoted as saying in the statement. Jackpot
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Re: If you won the lottery

Post by CielOnTap » Thu May 21, 2009 4:27 pm

$50M lottery ticket sold in Edmonton, but winner has yet to step forward
Thu May 21, 2:16 PM
By The Canadian Press

EDMONTON - Edmonton is buzzing with the prospect of a $50-million lottery winner who has yet to step forward.

Lotto 6-49 officials have confirmed the single winning ticket in Wednesday night's draw was sold in the Alberta capital. Edmonton

Let this be a group win ticket, so more people get to share in their dreams. :D
80s pop music fan here!

pysanky

Post by pysanky » Thu May 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Have New York winner and Spanish winner said hi here yet? :roll: Exciting news of lottery prize. True test of people how they treat winner(s).
Happy New Year-2015 now on scene.