Zombies Are Cool On Cable!

Music, Movies, TV, Humor, Anime, Books

Zombies Are Cool On Cable!

Postby ice cream on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:56 pm

If you're a fan of seeing rotting corpses shuffle around on TV, prepare to celebrate: AMC is renewing it's new hit show "The Walking Dead." The zombie-filled program drew 4.7 million viewers in its second week, reports TheWrap.com. Impressive numbers for a cable show.

It's the second week in a row that the show has earned huge numbers. The Halloween premiere pulled in 5.3 million viewers to make "Walking Dead" the highest rated in the network's history. With such a great start, it's no surprise AMC wants more of this gorey winner, which is based on Robert Kirkman's comic-book series. According to TheWrap.com, the network ordered 13 more episodes.

http://theclicker.todayshow.com/_news/2 ... eep-coming

It is loosely based on some good zombie movies like 28 Days Later with a little of Dawn Of The Dead and Land Of The Dead thrown in. I have watched it and so far it's pretty good.
Beware of brain freeze
ice cream

Re: Zombies Are Cool On Cable!

Postby deja vu on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:58 pm

I watched it last night and it's not bad. I will probably tune in next weekend. Of the 3 movies listed I really like 28 days Later. I didn't like the sequel, 28 Weeks Later. Just didn't work as well as the first movie. Not having the original stars in the sequel probably hurt them a lot.

I have seen the other 2 and they aren't bad. They are more fun to watch on Halloween than the slasher, chainsaw massacre type movies.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby alohasand on Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Could be a night with friends if zombie shows were a common interest. Any excuse to make it a snack night with company seems ideal! Though I'd like to see the shows in daylight, just to keep the fiction part in place.
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby trailblaze on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 am

Zombie killing (and getting killed by zombies) is pretty violent business, as any regular viewer of AMC's undead drama "The Walking Dead" knows all too well. But for Tim Winter, president of the Parents Television Council (PTC), that's cause for concern.

Earlier this week, Winter wrote a letter to former Oregon senator Gordon Smith, who now serves as chairman on the TV Parental Guidelines Monitoring Board -- otherwise known as the group that sets the standards for TV ratings.

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/ ... ating?lite

Oh, please. Some of the video games they play are a lot more violent then this show. Preteens and teens are watching it with their parents and if they didn't want them to, it's unlikely they will leave the room when it's on. Changing the rating wont stop that. Plus don't most kids have TV in their rooms, so what are the parents going to do? Take away the TV and computer, lock the kids in their rooms until the show is over? Talking Dead's 1/2 hour show follows Walking Dead and it's easy for teens to see that the Walking Dead is just a show, not reality. Most if not all of those kids have already read the Comic Books the show is based on, but this organization doesn't seem to be worried about that.

I'd be more concerned about the violent video games they play for hours at a time.
trailblaze

Postby deja vu on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Toronto Star -

A Montana television station’s regular programming was interrupted by news of a zombie apocalypse. The Montana Television Network says hackers broke into the Emergency Alert System of Great Falls affiliate KRTV and its CW station Monday. KRTV says on its website the hackers broadcast that “dead bodies are rising from their graves” in several Montana counties.

The alert claimed the bodies were “attacking the living” and warned people not to “approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous.” The network says there is no emergency and its engineers are investigating. A call to KRTV was referred to a Montana Television Network executive in Bozeman. Jon Saunders didn’t immediately return a call for comment.

The Great Falls Tribune reports the hoax alert generated at least four calls to police to see if it was true.

They don't panic when a man enters a US store (JC Penney ) with a rifle on his back, but I knew some would panic when they heard this one. The timing is not a surprise. The Walking Dead started the 2nd half of their third season on Feb. 10.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:18 pm

The top show on TV is still smashing records after 3 years. The Walking Dead is unstoppable when it comes to ratings. 12.4 million viewers for last night's season finale, outdid everyone by a country mile. The Talking Dead discussion type show is just as popular. You don't need to talk around the water cooler when you have the Talking Dead to hear what others are thinking about the night's episode.

There is not much on TV that I watch because there is a lot of garbage out there. These 2 shows are the exception, and some of the sports channels.

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/ ... miere?lite
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ice cream on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Ever wonder what AMC's ultra-violent hit "The Walking Dead" would be like if it was edited for a broadcast network instead? Fox-owned syndication channel MyNetworkTV has picked up the exclusive broadcast rights to re-air the zombie drama.

Starting this fall, MyNet will run two episodes a week, edited for broadcast standards, from seasons of the show that have previously aired on AMC. Though not one of the popular Big 4 networks, MyNet reaches 97 percent of the country and is likewise categorized as a broadcast channel mostly airing repeats of shows like "Monk," "House" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/20/showbiz/t ... hpt=hp_bn9

Really, seriously, a watered down version of the show? :lol: Absolutely priceless and the big question is how the heck will they accomplish this?

This show is not meant for young kids in any way shape or form and the editors will be pulling out their hair trying to edit the show. They wont have much left once they bleep out all swear words, and how the heck do they get around all the zombie killings and survivor killings and still have an episode. Forget last weeks episode, there is no way around it to edit and have even a second to show. How do they get around a tank blowing up the prison, Herschels head being chopped off and the Governor being gutted before he kills Rick?

Even the first episode of the show is full of violence, half eaten body in a park and Rick killing a zombie child, so what will they come up with to fill an hour? I don't know, but it's not going to be good.

Only season 2 is semi suitable for kids. Stuck on the farm and they can come up with a few shows with some editing, but not season 1,3 or 4, just way to violent and no way to edit it all out or bleep it all out because it will end up being a mismatched show that no one will be able to follow. The kids will be laughing it off the air when they see the finished product.
Beware of brain freeze
ice cream

Postby up-down on Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:07 pm

But are they cool in real life, I think NOT!

Victorians would fare well in a zombie apocalypse because of our superior fitness levels and preference for cremating our dead, according to a map created by a U.S. real estate search firm. “A common conversation here in Seattle, with Trump and everything that’s going on, is definitely: ‘Should I move to Canada?’ ” said Ryan Nickum, head blogger at Estately, which allows users to search multiple-listing services across the U.S.

“But there are some things to consider.” Nickum said his firm often researches quirky demographics about areas. “They can say a lot about a place,” he said.

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local ... -1.2308948

I am sure the island would welcome survivors, but does any one know if zombies swim? Only one in the water in Walking Dead was the one the Governor chained and dumped in the lake and he was still breathing and trying to get to the Gov. So would he swim if he broke loose?
Inside out, round & round, upside down. Which way am I going?
up-down
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby alohasand on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:29 pm

Victorians in their period dress would not move fast enough to dodge zombies. Had to point that out.

People of that era in Victorian England and colonies wearing that attire were rather stiff folks in manner and dress.
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby no1home on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:40 pm

A brutal first episode of season 7 of The Walking Dead tonight. Most knew it would be deadly for one cast member, but it was much worse and glad I cheated. I read the fan twitter spoilers instead. Two major characters were killed by Negan. First Abraham and then Glenn and threatened others may die as well. Judging by the twitter feed, some may need a bit of therapy before the next episode a week from now. The bad guys kidnapped Daryl and no one has a clue where Carol and Morgan are.
no1home

Return to Entertainment