Trick or Treat

Music, Movies, TV, Humor, Anime, Books

Trick or Treat

Postby deja vu on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:24 pm

Yes folks its that time of year again. Ghosts, goblins, black cats, witches. You get the idea.

HALLOWEEN is only a week away. Who will you dress up as this year?

On behalf of myself, Rhet-or-Ric, Speak-Ez, CielOnTap and our moderators we wish you all a safe and

Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trick or Treat

Postby fishandchips on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Long ago, I had a desire to dress in a red formfitting jumpsuit (with attached hood) like the cartoon character, Hexadecimal, from the series Reboot. since I am over that phase, I am on the lookout for yummy treats and little kids more in tune with the fun of dressup than raiding as many homes as possible for candy loot.

Boo!
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby KnAs mom on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:12 pm

Let's see...my oldest will be a devil, my youngest shall be a pirate and I shall wear my "punk rocker outfit" which consists of my own clothes that I'm not authorized to wear on my installation except on Halloween.
If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.
~~Peter Ustinov
KnAs mom

Postby yukon on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 am

I tell you, its not easy for a moose to find costumes. If anyone has any ideas, let this moose know.
The Moose sees all, hears all, knows it all. Listen to your
local moose, Folks!
yukon

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:36 pm

Ideas for a moose:
1) sports fan-football jersey and windpants (snaps on sides of legs) or Olympic athlete for track and field i.e. discus
2) tuxedo and ballroom dance shoes plus some dance steps (watch Take the Lead-the student who answered to Monster was a gentleman in a tuxedo and led his debutante partner around the cotillion dance floor before they left for the dance competition!)
3) reality show contestant or one of the political leaders in the world
4) Roman citizen wearing a white toga with a purple border-only citizens in ancient Rome were allowed to have the border on their apparel
5) mechanic-overalls, handkerchief in a back pocket, name badge and a tool securely fastened to the front of the overalls
6) ship's captain or a pirate-lots of improvisation available for costumes!
7) musician-you decide on an instrument and outfit
8) mascot of some event or team or cause
9) magician with top hat
10) Jedi knight or apprentice
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby fishandchips on Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Matador-nice colourful cape, fitted pants in a nice satin fabric, white shirt, fake moustache, and an embroidered hat. Practice some throwing of the cape from side to side or swagger a bit.

Rap star-loads of chunky costume jewellery in fake diamonds, crystals, and gold or silver. Have very nice shoes on, with windpants and a baseball jacket. Leave the hat at home.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.
fishandchips

Postby CielOnTap on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Tour guide-name badge, smile, solid colour cropped jacket, maybe a cap. Hold local brochure in one hand or place into pocket. Have a tote bag with local community name on it for your candy. Tell candy givers about an upcoming event as your trick.

Comedian-have some jokes ready, appropriate to demographic groups answering the door and handing out treats. Find a toy microphone that is oversize and hold it in your hand while telling jokes and thank your audience.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:54 am

A party at a truly HAUNTED CASTLE!

Frankenstein's castle offers Halloween chills
Massive fortress inspires one of the oldest Halloween parties in Germany

MUEHLTAL, Germany - Boris Karloff never walked these grounds, but the history of Burg Frankenstein
may have inspired Mary Shelley's famous monster.

It has also inspired one of the oldest Halloween parties in Germany, started by the U.S. Army 31 years ago.

Since then an estimated 15,000 people flock to the former keep near Darmstadt in western Germany
annually for chills, frights and the chance to walk through the halls of the place that many believe
inspired the creation of "The Modern Prometheus," as Shelley subtitled her famous novel.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27405127/

Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

yukon, have you settled upon a costume for Halloween? Or will you keep it a surprise until October 31? The weather forecast might factor into your plans unless you are going to an indoor party.

A few treats have found their way to me and I must admit to enjoying their chocolate taste. :D
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby yukon on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:23 am

Bread of the dead
Ever fancied a picnic at a gravesite?

Halloween is days away, but for the purist in all things that go bump in the night, it's not about Oct. 31.
It's about The Day of the Dead.

It's the one day, the special portal, in which dead ancestors get a chance to swing by for a visit.

Celebrated mainly in Mexico, Day of the Dead or Dia de los Muertos is about gathering with friends and family
to pay homage, pray and fondly remember those who have died. Research shows the celebration coincides with
the Catholic holy days of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day, which traditionally take place Nov. 1 and 2.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Lifestyle/Food/2008/10/29/7236776-sun.html
The Moose sees all, hears all, knows it all. Listen to your
local moose, Folks!
yukon

Next

Return to Entertainment