Montserrat Caballé Has Died

Music, Movies, TV, Humor, Anime, Books

Montserrat Caballé Has Died

Postby Speak-Ez on Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:14 am

Even though the BBC managers have changed a policy and now you might be hearing some video that is part of the news story you want to read I am still going to point you to their article. Just be aware that you might hear an advert, because they have a very short snippet of the song that I will provide a better link for at YouTube. That will be down below.

First the BBC link and a few paragraphs they offered.

Montserrat Caballé, Barcelona opera singer, dies at 85

Her career spanned 50 years.

She had stints with the Basel Opera and Bremen Opera before her international breakthrough in 1965 in Lucrezia Borgia at Carnegie Hall in New York.

She went on to perform with the Metropolitan Opera, San Francisco Opera and Vienna State Opera, appearing opposite the likes of Luciano Pavarotti and Placido Domingo.

The song Barcelona was first released in 1987 and later became an anthem for the city's 1992 Olympics, the year after Mercury died. Caballé sang at the opening ceremony with Domingo and José Carreras.

And here is a much better rendition of the song, but let me quote something from YouTube:

This wonderful 1987 video, capturing Freddie Mercury's unforgettable collaboration with Spanish opera diva Montserrat Caballé, accompanied the very first single from the 'Barcelona' album (which was to follow a full year later). This unexpected and unlikely merging of talent took the world by storm, and this was the first of three singles released from the album. The Director was David Mallet and it was filmed at Pinewood Studios in London. The single was released in the UK on 26th October 1987.

Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé - Barcelona (Original David Mallet Video 1987)

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Entertainment