Temporary tattoos not so safe

Health

Temporary tattoos not so safe

Postby tattoo on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:18 pm

Hope you're ready to commit to that swirly twirly "temporary" tattoo you got at the beach on spring break. Some shops advertising "henna" tattoos actually use something called black henna, which may contain a chemical used in hair dye that can cause some dramatic skin reactions, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration advises consumers in a post published today.

The FDA has received consumer reports of some long-lasting skin reactions after a black henna tattoo, including redness, blisters, "raised red weeping lesions" (yikes), loss of pigmentation, increased sensitivity to sunlight, and in some cases, permanent scarring. Your skin freak-out may happen right after the tattoo is applied, or up to two or three weeks later.

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/0 ... scars?lite

Consumer beware and do your homework. Don't be afraid to ask the place what they use and for a maybe a test area to see if you have a problem. Better yet, don't bother getting one in the first place.
tattoo

Re: Temporary tattoos not so safe

Postby smitty on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Shortly after moving here in 1960 or a few yrs later. I was driving my Jeep along with my doctor to teach him a bit about skiing.

He knew I was very, very allergic to Penicillin and said, you are so allergic to pencillin. that I would have my two butts reading NO PENICILLIN.

Not to my desire that I would go to some dirty basement to have this done by some firm. Fortunately Medic Alert came about and use on around my wrist, but if on my m/c then a bracelet around my neck & know it is a toll free line for any doctor or such to obtain who is my doctor, the damage to my back, both hips, both legs & both knees along with one ankle that can accept this or that.

Obviously I am not keen on tattoo's or ink of you name it. Some yrs back I was taking down a lot of personal matters so one could work for this firm & it asked a lot about tattoos to you name it plus finger prints.

One did not know his finger prints might show up as he broke into a locked back door of a Truck delivering goods to others------so he was nailed in not giving that enough thought.
smitty

Re: Temporary tattoos not so safe

Postby keychain on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:03 pm

From the FDA - a must read, because while they are fun for kids, they should come with a warning
before putting one on your skin.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Consume ... 343932.htm

One picture can say a thousand words, and this 5 year olds hand does just that.

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda
you'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me
he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag, 

keychain

Return to Health