Heat Rash

Health

Heat Rash

Postby deja vu on Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Drives people nuts, can not stop itching, it's sore and all you want to do is scratch your arm, leg chest, etc. With the record heat in so many locations, I thought I would share what I find works. The doctor gave me the names of the 2 mixtures to get and it made a big difference.

1. Cortate Cream AKA Hydrocortisone Cream USP 0.5%

2. Clotrimazole Topical Cream USP 1% (this is and antifungal cream mostly used for Athletes Foot, Jock Itch, but the doctor and the pharmacist agreed it has so many other uses, like heat rash)

Take a little of both on your finger (at the same time) Works best when applied together, not one and then the other. It calms everything down, the scratching urge is gone, as is the soreness. Both are sold in countries around the world, your pharmacist should be able to help.

No guarantee it will help everyone, so what are your cures for Heat Rash?
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Heat Rash

Postby CielOnTap on Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:40 pm

If a paste of baking soda and water is said to help with mosquito bites (something I know I scratch at), why not heat rash?

Would think a milk or oatmeal bath would help with soothing skin as well. Plus cool fruits or cold pop or frozen treats (just make sure you don't damage skin without wrapping a frozen treat or chilled drink in a cloth before holding the item against your skin. You don't want to damage your skin by freezing it!
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Return to Health