Tainted items/alerts/warnings

Health

Re: Tainted items/alerts/warnings

Postby smitty on Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Having menioned a child safety home. I hope I have not mentioned this.

The one thing I noted was my Father going down stairs total of 13 step down or up. Still in mind as a baby this was in my mind for he was important at the other one I should love.

So I crawled to the edge of the steps down & went straight down hitting my head on some broken up concrete. A chunk was pulled out of my forehead, something I can still see is this scar). Took the local doc to an uncle to a neighbor or two to holed me down as the doct removed it. That safety should have been there then, but was only put up aftet the above had happened.

The doctor did NOT realize a scull fracture like that can lead to Epilepsy especially when I had my lst attack at 2:00 am which was usual later on in life. True you could say the numerous concussions could be another reason, but think it was my Mother, carrying me in her woomb & hoten she dated so I went on quite a rife with the cord around my neck.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

This warning is for pet owners. A jerky treat made in China has killed about 600 pets and sickened thousands since 2007.

The agency has repeatedly cautioned that the treats are not necessary for a balanced diet, but the warnings stop short of a recall, Hartogensis said. The agency is still validating tests to detect the same kind of antibiotic residue that New York officials found earlier this year.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/pet-jerky ... 8C11436330

How many would be alive if they had issued a recall?

Make them cheaper in China, less control over safety and the pets paid the price. Pets aren't human so to Corporate America they are not worth a recall. They will continue to test and avoid the picture for as long as possible.

Maybe lawsuits would get them moving faster instead of testing and asking for information from pet owners. They are doing the bare minimum while the problem continues. Question is if they can take them to court, would it be held in China or the US?

I'm thinking that it is better to either make your own treats OR buy them from pet specialty stores that make the treats in Canada and the US. Better safe then sorry, and happy pets living a long life.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Microwavable Wheat bags.

Never heard of them, but they seem to be popular in the UK. Problem is they can be deadly if not handled correctly. If you microwave them for too long the wheat in the bag can catch fire while it's on your bed. They make them to look cute and cuddly, but the complaints seem to be growing over the dangers.

From the BBC -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... d-25541124

Firefighters were called to a sheltered housing complex in the Borders after an overheated microwaveable wheat-filled bag led to a bedroom fire.

The alarm was raised at Priorwood Court in Melrose at about 03:15. An elderly woman was treated at hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns after radiated heat from the bag set fire to her electric blanket. Scottish Fire and Rescue said they had been called out to a number of incidents involving wheat-filled bags.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pretzels on Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Bags are wheat-filled--reads like it could be like those neck rolls/pillows filled with grains that were better for sleeping with than regular pillows. Then using an electric blanket with a hot bag--okay, that's a fire risk in bed!
Old salt on board.
pretzels

Postby deja vu on Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 am

Who would have thought that a spider could force a warning and a fix by Mazda. Well it has happened because of a spider that loves the smell of gas/petrol and making it's nest in the engines.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26921734

Petrol-sniffing spiders have forced Mazda to issue a voluntary recall notice so it can apply a software fix to its cars.

The yellow sac spider is attracted to the smell of petrol, and will weave its web in engines, causing a blockage and build-up of pressure. The problem increased the risk of fire, Mazda said. A software update will be applied to recalled cars to monitor the pressure level and warn drivers of any danger.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby keychain on Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Caffeine powder can be dangerous to ones health and it has landed people in the hospital and killed at least one. Hope the FDA does not drag
it's heels on this one.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/u-s-teen-s ... -1.1921764

The federal Food and Drug Administration said Friday that it's investigating caffeine powder and will consider taking regulatory action. The agency cautioned parents that young people could be drawn to it.

Caffeine powder is sold as a dietary supplement, so it's not subject to the same federal regulations as certain caffeinated foods. Users add it to drinks for a pick-me-up before workouts or to control weight gain.

A minuscule amount packs a punch.

A mere 1/16th of a teaspoon can contain about 200 milligrams of caffeine, roughly the equivalent of two large cups of coffee. That means a heaping teaspoon could kill, said Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency physician at Lenox Hill ?Hospital in New York.
Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda
you'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me
he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag, 

keychain

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:58 pm

Canadian and US authorities have posted recalls for various dehumidifiers made by Midea under different brand names. There were incidents where
dehumidifiers could smoke or catch fire.

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2016/60794r-eng.php

You'll need to know the make, model and serial number of your dehumidifer to use the recall website. Note that the dehumidifiers will have to have been manufactured prior to Oct.1, 2008. Check the date on the metal label on your machine.
http://www.recallrtr.com/dehumidifier

There's also a recall on certain Samsung and Kenmore top-loading washing machines too. http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2016/60872r-eng.php
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Previous

Return to Health