Tainted items/alerts/warnings

Health

Re: Tainted items/alerts/warnings

Postby yukon on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:40 pm

msnbc:
Coca-Cola Co. says it alerted the Food and Drug Administration after it found some Brazilian growers had sprayed their orange trees with a fungicide that is not approved for use in the U.S. The FDA had said Monday that an unnamed juice company detected low levels of the fungicide in orange juice products after testing its own and competitors' products. Most orange juice products made by Coke and other companies contain a blend of juice from different sources including Brazil.

Atlanta-based Coca-Cola did not say which products it tested contained the fungicide. Its own orange juice products include Simply Orange and Minute Maid. The FDA has said the low levels found of the fungicide aren't a safety risk but they will increase testing to make sure the contamination isn't a problem.

What's troubling is they don't say if any of that juice made it to the shelves and into consumers fridges. Given the millions in yearly sales I have to wonder if we are ever given the full picture of the danger.
The Moose sees all, hears all, knows it all. Listen to your
local moose, Folks!
yukon

Postby guitarblues on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:15 pm

In Australia, there's an alert about a brand of microwaves that can electrocute users. Details in the link:
http://www.smh.com.au/business/sanyo-microwaves-recalled-on-electrocution-fears-20120127-1qktq.html

"The microwave oven has been recalled due to the risk of severe electric shock when anyone is operating the buttons on the control panel while any other part of their body is in contact with an earth, such as a kitchen sink," Mr Stowe said in a statement.
You'll be smiling if you sing some songs.
guitarblues

Postby deja vu on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 am

Poppy Seed Tea Dangers

It may be a natural product, but it's deadly not safe.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201206 ... th-120605/

A Nova Scotia family is warning others about the dangers of poppy seed tea, a dangerous but easily obtained product which is being blamed for the death of their son. Cole Marchand, the cousin of Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand, died two weeks ago from an opium overdose after drinking tea made from a poppy seed pod he ordered on the Internet.

The 19-year-old Upper Tantallon, N.S. man was found by his father in his bed, dead, after drinking the tea.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:05 pm

Honestly CielOnTap & Fish&Chips, plus GuitarDAd, reading all of the above, by us regulars, tends to frighten some of us.

For instance can the baby car seats be made in China. For we know many of the frozen products, marked Packaged in Canada ARE from China.

In my case since sometime in the late 40s the medication pills used for Epilepsy are in this danger zone though last of two just one was changed compared to the proper ONE in Banff National Park.

At each hospital for injuries or something the hospitals would have a panic as my beat of the pulse was extremely low. Enough that I might loose my balance & fall. Yet as an ex-mountain climber to ex-m/c racer ESPECIALLY in Observed Trials BALANCE is dramatically different, for instance in working one's way though a tough section, if a rider dabs his foot once then that is ONE point against him & a good competitor wants to finish with no points for a dab.

So my GP here worked through many pills to where the beat was at a more pleasing rate. So each morning, before b/fast I must take four pills each time. To just two before I go to bed.

For last thing I want is to wake up in the morning as I have just had a Ep seizure, though the slow pulse rate is fine when in bend for I am about to or will be asleep.
smitty

Postby smitty on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:28 pm

When moving from Banff, in 1960, to Summerland & the orchard work. I handed the medication to the only drug store. When I noted they has sustituted mesolem to Primidone I was worried that new one might back-fire & to have another Epilepsy attack. FORTUNATELY the change worked & I have stuck with it along with Phenobarbital ever sine with no failures.
smitty

Postby smitty on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Smitty wrote:When moving from Banff, in 1960, to Summerland & the orchard work. I handed the medication to the only drug store. When I noted they has sustituted mesolem to Primidone I was worried that new one might back-fire & to have another Epilepsy attack. FORTUNATELY the change worked & I have stuck with it along with Phenobarbital ever sine with no failures.

After all it good a Doctor Ray Laycock a maze of basically two pills each time till I felt it comming on again or my Mother might find me wandering around the home, not knowing where I was going or why.

Finally the two worked like majic & reason I stuck with them. Now I note I do not know how to spell the original one to Primidone as the sub that had me so worried.
smitty

Postby smitty on Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Smitty wrote:When moving from Banff, in 1960, to Summerland & the orchard work. I handed the medication to the only drug store. When I noted they has sustituted mesolem to Primidone I was worried that new one might back-fire & to have another Epilepsy attack. FORTUNATELY the change worked & I have stuck with it along with Phenobarbital ever sine with no failures.

Also I was still climbing mountains to being in Down Hill to Giant Slalom comp skiing plus some dirt comp events in Calgary for an number of times PLUS a lot of practicing up in the mountains her for Summerland itself is a part of a mountain slab.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 pm

For the first time, Canada’s food safety regulator is allowing Nova Scotia salmon infected with a flu-like virus to be processed for supermarkets and restaurants.

Last week the Canadian Food Inspection Agency declared fit for human consumption 240,000 Atlantic salmon with infectious salmon anemia — a disease it says poses no risk to human heath. The ruling is the first time the CFIA has opted not to destroy fish carrying the virus since it started regulating the fish farming industry in 2005. Because the U.S. won’t import fish with the virus, the fresh whole salmon, fillets and steaks will have to find dinner plates to land on somewhere in Canada.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... gency.html

Nice to know the Government is concerned for our health. :roll: Harper has gone out of his way to muzzle scientists so I would not be surprised if some BC Salmon are infected. The whole lot should have been destroyed.

Good to know that at least one grocery chain has the guts to say NO to the fish being sold in their stores.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Ones home should be made child proof. This is something my parents did not do As a child in the crawling stage only I noted my father went down stairs. Those were 18 step so I tried to take in the short way only ended up hitting some broken up concret. So my lst scull fracture & the problem of remoing it. I still have that scar in the upper left of my four-head.

No my parents were very keen on music as my father had a baby grand piano so a lot of musicans there to have a few drinks & such.

My mother had me as a crawling baby on the kitchen floor & none of them coudl find me. I came out of the living room to throw up so the hurray to find out what has caused me to become sick. At later yers my Mother assumed this was one of the reasons I did not touch cigarettes, liquor or such. After all so many will dump their cigar or cigarette in what is left of their beer or hard liquor. IT SEEMED as a child I had crawled around to take down this as sort of a food. The dangers of any child after a party & my parents had a log of jazz musicans.
smitty

Postby smitty on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Smitty wrote:Ones home should be made child proof. This is something my parents did not do As a child in the crawling stage only I noted my father went down stairs. Those were 18 step so I tried to take in the short way only ended up hitting some broken up concret. So my lst scull fracture & the problem of remoing it. I still have that scar in the upper left of my four-head.

No my parents were very keen on music as my father had a baby grand piano so a lot of musicans there to have a few drinks & such.

My mother had me as a crawling baby on the kitchen floor & none of them could find me. I came out of the living room to throw up so the hurray to find out what has caused me to become sick. At later yers my Mother assumed this was one of the reasons I did not touch cigarettes, liquor or such. After all so many will dump their cigar or cigarette in what is left of their beer or hard liquor. IT SEEMED as a child I had crawled around to take down this as sort of a food. The dangers of any child after a party & my parents had a log of jazz musicans.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to Health