Twitter at work-just don't be a twit

Work / Education

Re: Twitter at work-just don't be a twit

Postby smitty on Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I was honestly amazed that teeners are spending a maze of hours on the darn twitter things rather then exercising, sports or exams. They said, last evening on the News that the only thing teeners do more is sleep.

What is the future in our countries being USA, Canada & so many of the others in such a state?

Could this be the possible people that want to live in Haiti?
smitty

Postby alohasand on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Six months of reputations in the air on both sides. Now this dismissal indicates that before filing, it might be good to run the notion past legal professionals or letting a couple of days of thought filter any such notion.

But the roofing leak was an issue to the tenant, who claimed mold was in her unit. Why not have the landlord act on that concern rather than not? A roofing repair is something that extends the landlord's investment in rental units. Wouldn't want to be fixing such issues in Winter or Summer...
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby smitty on Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:51 pm

From my understanding it is up to the OWNER/RENTER & not the party that is renting. I say this from owning a home at another part of this town. ALSO the owner/renter then has the right of saying the tennant is damaging the house & they have only so many days or weeks to move out. After all said home is the GAMBLE upon the renter so he has to keep it in good shape, but if renters are abusing the home then they are to get out, BUT it always ends up with lawyers costs to settle the matter.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:27 am

Consider personal safety when using social media--you would not want your home to be robbed by indicating you're not there?
(Same idea for webcams--too much information already.)

Site warns social networkers against posting whereabouts online
February 25, 2010
Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO — A new website is up and running to remind people that letting everyone know their whereabouts could leave them vulnerable to those with less-than-friendly intentions.

The site, called Please Rob Me, shows posts that appear on Twitter from a location-sharing service, Foursquare.

Such services let people use their cellphones to alert friends to where they are.http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/728499
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:02 pm

The Dummies book series has a book about Twitter: how to use it, features, and specific ways to make the most of the 140-character messaging system. Besides the softcover book, there is an e-book edition for the digital reader set. I have borrowed the latter version to introduce me to the current text trend to see what the chatter is all about.

80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:21 pm

Don't post to your Twitter account from work IT media or you could give your employer's software tracking program a link between you and your account names, unless you believe you can carry on with job searching or posting after discovery.

New tool to monitor social networking sites
By QMI Agency

Last Updated: March 30, 2010 11:48am
Email Story Print Size A A A Report Typo Share with:
Facebook Digg Del.icio.us Google Stumble Upon Newsvine Reddit Technorati Feed Me Yahoo Simpy Squidoo Spurl Blogmarks Netvouz Scuttle Sitejot + What are these? Your boss could be looking over your shoulder right now, and you wouldn't even know it.

Social Sentry, a new product launched by U.S. firm Teneros, promises to track social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook to complement existing e-mail security programs and better track the online behaviour of employees.

"Social Sentry provides corporations with the ability to monitor the social networking communications of their employees," reads the company's website. http://www.winnipegsun.com/money/2010/03/30/13409156.html
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Was going shopping for food products the other day-------you know the ones that are up in price along with smaller containers then before--this is just to remind you how such products have been going up in price for some time.

So I am about to make this slow right turn onto a road, from another very short road of just four houses, when I noted this high school girl walking along with purse hanging to the side, both hands up hollding something she was looking into being a thing to twitter on. It was only in the last second or so that she noted she was to walk into a STOPPED car.

You see in this town only sidewalks at the schools to main streets & not the maze of streets without sidewalks, but then when you think of it if there were sidewalks she would have probably done the same thing. In anoher world I am sorry to say.

This is that day lst thing I did when getting up was work-out on my rowing machine for 30 plus minutes then same time using a balance ball I layed my back on to use dumb-balls for another 30 miutes or more. Then a shower to get on with life. Cleaning some h/guns to reloading some ammo would be next then reading a bit to the old computer & then making up supper, considering I had sorted out my purchased products & recorded said cost in my book of costs for that day, which includes an automatic payment from the bank for Monthly taxes in this town--------I find that to telephone, to other things more sensible then running all over to pay or mailing a cheque.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:23 am

Tweets on your Twitter account can be used against the user in the Indian court of law. In this case, it was used in a divorce case.

Tweets not sweet: Can spell trouble in divorce cases
IANS
Monday, April 5, 2010 13:06 IST
New Delhi: Anu Sharma, 30, suspected that her husband was lying to her every time he cited urgent business tours to stay out of the house. One day she finally got proof in the form of a tweet. The next day, she filed for divorce, using the tweet as evidence.

When it comes to fighting a divorce case, tweets are not necessarily sweet. Your status message on social networking websites can even be used as secondary evidence in court cases.

Legal experts say tweets and messages on social networking sites like Facebook and Orkut can reveal one's state of mind; therefore they can be taken as secondary evidence in legal matters. This clause comes under the IT Act of 2000, amended in October last year.

Pavan Duggal, a Supreme Court lawyer, said: "The IT Act of 2000 was primarily legislation promoting e-commerce and the concept of social networking was not even heard of then. Thus, this clause was incorporated because of the widespread use of microblogging and social networking sites."http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report_tweets-not-sweet-can-spell-trouble-in-divorce-cases_1367563
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

Given the presence of search engines and social media, why would anyone wish to vent on the new website. Stuff online would take some persistent legal help to clear up anything that did not stay within the terms of service.

New website lets you bash your boss
By QMI Agency
Last Updated: April 8, 2010 10:13am
A new website will let people write anonymous reviews of their bosses, co-workers and employees, and post them for all the world to see.

It's called Unvarnished, and it's similar to RateMyProfs.com, the site that allows students to anonymously rate and review their professors so other students can read up on them before registering for their class.

With Unvarnished, you sign in with your Facebook account. From there, you can create your own profile, create a profile for someone you've worked with, or post a review to an existing profile.http://www.torontosun.com/life/2010/04/08/13510696-qmi.html

The Terms of Service for the site explicitly prohibit users from publishing private company information, or posting reviews that are "unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy, tortious, obscene, offensive, or profane."
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby signs on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:00 pm

Twitter is a hit in Japan, succeeding where other social networking imports like Facebook have foundered as millions "mumble" — the translation of tweet — and give mini-blogging a distinctly Japanese flavor.

The arrival of the Japanese language Twitter service in 2008 tapped into a greater sense of individuality in Japan, especially among younger people less accepting of the understatement and conformity their culture is usually associated with, analysts say. A mobile version of Twitter started last October, further fueling the Twitter boom in a nation where Internet-connecting cell phones have been the rule for years.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37778965/ns ... d_gadgets/

Guess I'm out of step, I don't twitter, don't like twitter.
Sign Sign everywhere a sign
Blocking out the scenery breaking my mind
signs
Starting Member
Starting Member

PreviousNext

Return to Work / Education