Not the way to cancel classes

Work / Education

Not the way to cancel classes

Postby ice cream on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:54 am

A University of Pittsburgh grad student who was nervous about her ability to teach a class instead made two bomb threats so it would be canceled, campus police said.

Online court records don't list an attorney for Nancy Bruni, 34, of New Kensington, Pa., who didn't immediately return a call seeking comment on charges of terroristic threats, and threatening to use a weapon of mass destruction. Pitt police charged the School of Arts & Science grad student earlier this week with phoning in a threat, and then leaving a note about a bomb in a campus restroom on March 20, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Thursday.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04 ... celed?lite

Pitt spokesman John Fedele said police searched the building with a bomb-sniffing dog and explosive detectors, but didn't alert students because the threats were deemed "lower level.''

Bruni wasn't arrested, but is being mailed a court summons to appear for a June 12 preliminary hearing.

Given what has happened in the past, I'm not so sure that they handled it correctly. Their low key approach may give others an idea and it may turn out badly.

I do hope they get her help, clearly not being on her meds is an issue.
Beware of brain freeze
ice cream

Re: Not the way to cancel classes

Postby pretzels on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:55 pm

In becoming a teacher, there has to be a course for human relations and how to get help if a new teacher is facing issues. This teacher-to-be has ignored her public speaking issues. Makes me think if someone else had a say in which program she went to school for.

This situation is going to add a worse obstacle to the teaching profession.
Old salt on board.
pretzels

Return to Work / Education