Indoor furniture and appliances

Re: Indoor furniture and appliances

Postby smitty on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Obviously we moved so many times & big thing was receiving the furniture, to in one case just a good upright piano, all in good condition.

I was sort of counting on some medals to papers or qualification in one holder only both had disappeared.

Back in 1938 my Father realized they would not be able to move his Baby Grand Piano so traded it in on an upright in good shape. He told them if it was cold in Winnipeg to not try to bring it to the house in such temperature. They did & the finish of the upright piano was ruined.
smitty

Postby manga2read on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:00 pm

Product manufacturers should make Winnipeg a testing ground for cold temperature use of their products. Also, the city has annual flooding? Could be opportunity to test waterworthiness of boatcraft and other devices useful in flood operations.
a word with you
manga2read

Postby smitty on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:55 am

I agree with you 100% regarding fabric for the furniture in the the home. Also noted some have really lovely sort of Dens more or less for their owen use & the more you look at some of the furniture NOW they are more suited for comfort.

I have never wanted a chesterfield of leather finish & same for a car or truck seat. This proved to be the reason that the salesmen of one make of car could NOT sell their top line car. Thout the owner of the shop made the sale, for he had the leather seats with best of fabric on them at an extra cost to his selling.

On a m/c it is a different story for so often I am shifting my butt from part of one side to loart if the other side & my rear end is NOT trying to set straight up, otherwise I wold feel the pain in my spine.

Sort of a bit of a laugh is this chap's wife could not find their cat. So when enjoying the TV set he kept feeling around the back side & this chesterfield had open places the cat would like to travel though to the backside. I have a hunch from here on they ill plug in those two armrests.

When on thinks of it those were ideal places to a cat to have as sort of THEIR OWN.
smitty

Postby smitty on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Did I put down the --"When on thinks of it those were ideal places to a cat to have as sort of THEIR OWN.---" that is quite true, but think it was one of the others that have a lot to say about this part of the Net for it is true also?

Thing is cats can be real lovers. We had an all white cate that turned out to be death, for besides it liking the attention from one of us we found out it could be such an interesting. More so to any of tje music friends. Started off with my parents being such crazy smokers. So this time my father had taken off the plastic container & threw it on the floor. This deaf cat took that onto a challenge. The antics were so outstanding that my parents friends thought it was overly funny to watrch. Mind you once it saw this Xmas tree going up with atl the things we hand onto the tree & that was the cat/s challenge to take on the tree & bring it down toot sweet.

My late Mother decided a small dinky false tree was all we needed for they were only about 2' trall.
smitty

Postby smitty on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 pm

I will admit I do not wander around furniture stores. Just pick up what is on TV of sometimes a member will send a photo of some comfortable.

Now on the TV ads was this one of a comforter with the one portion that will ease back like a Lazy Boy normal chair. Possible a good addition. I am at the home of a couple & she aims at her LazyBoy along with a bed rop part so she will NOT feel the cold. I have the comforter of one of my parents & use it when the cold is felt in my room. For the Lazy Boy is important to me. Like on Sunday while I should have cleaned up a few of my guns to also reloaded I relaxed in the Lazy Boy in my den & fell asleep. Not bent over like a bed, but to the extreme I can force it.

Also when I had a problem of the blood not clotting I was in the same lazy boy with many additions of washroom towels. To wake up the next morning with things clotted, to this one towel to the left side of my face, only the receptionist demanded I drive from S'land to Penticton & the eye specalist could clean up the mess I was worried about bleeding again. Along with his commical tip of not bending over to remove my socks----which started the continual dripping of the blood, as mine was not clotting as he planned on.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:26 pm

I think cats like having some hidden or distant places to be away from humans, just like humans like to withdraw to hammocks, rooms with music or portable players while doing chores. The cat sofa would be a fun thing to have in a corner just for amusement of humans and the fun for cats. I would not want a tv in the same room in case a cat thought batting inside a pipe was a welcome percussive sound.

I like fabric on living room furniture, but would like leather on one armchair or bench. I would not enjoy seeing the leather get sunbleached or stained--one small piece provides some contrast to the rest of the furniture.

Since I get flyers by e-mail, I will look at certain ones with interest if a desired furniture piece or even an appliance might be on special. By chance, I noticed that a furniture store connected to a hardware store sold kitchen fridges--so I took a look at the flyer offerings.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Previous

Return to Beauty / Good Looks