Ingredient listings on personal care items

Re: Ingredient listings on personal care items

Postby smitty on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:36 pm

With the cold winter weather I try my best to scrub the heels of my feet with a stone to possibly remove the cracking & flaking around the bottom. This has bothered me for a basically life & have never found any cure or something to apply.

Anyone found a cure????
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Try the remedy used for hands and feet by women, Smitty. Apply petroleum jelly to the soles of your feet after your pumice stone or as needed and wear a pair of cotton socks over them during the night. You may wish to find a pair with no elastic (can be found at department stores or find a comfy old pair that won't pinch) at the top of the socks so you won't worry about constriction of blood flow during the night (yes some socks leave imprints on the skin because the sock elastic is snug during wear).

For hands, I don't put on cotton gloves (thin cotton kind, sort of like the ones used in museums for handling delicate items to prevent hand oils from transferring) after applying the jelly but gloves are recommended (I would not put plastic bags over hands as skin needs to breathe!) if you don't want the bedding to absorb any of the petroleum jelly.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby alohasand on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 pm

I'd suggest going easy on that stone. Your skin is reacting to the cold, so extra moisturizer, gentle handling during footwashing (no sudden hot water or cold water, just comfortable warm water) and good socks will all help the flakes to be minimized or reduced.

Keep the stone for use maybe once every week or so but not more frequently. Since you're a senior, you don't want your skin broken and risk any infections that you affect your feet. If you know of a pharmacy that caters to seniors, you might ask staff about how to keep your feet smooth and how often to use the stone.
Staycation=stay at home and do fun things inexpensively.
alohasand

Postby smitty on Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:28 pm

My thank you to CielOnTap & alohasand . Fortunately my hands are not suffering at prior jobs of where it was out in the cold all the time & those darn cracks to bleeding up by the finger nails. I know there is a word for it, but like most Western Cdns I suffered this most of my life.

Both are a problem in cold weather plus most of my time is down in my basement den where the printer will not work due to the cold temperatures & bit of dampness that comes with it.

At least I have something to try out & see if it works. Yes I will ease off the stone work as so suggested.

When one is handgun shooting there is good reason to wash the hand thoroughly, also when reloain ammunition, to more so when cleaning the guns & that is a MUST to all of us. Fortunately I do not use all of my guns at the same time, but usually haul four of fire of them along with some tools, ammo, targets & such.

I was looking at the h/gun resigstrations & they are bulky when togeather, so I had a photo copy made of each one then had them shrunk in size. The gal doing the job, to some at the range all said. "What will happen if an RCMP constable wants to read these shrunk registration" & my answer was "I can read them & if he cannot then it is my suggestion that he have his eyes checked & possibly get a set of glasses".
smitty

Previous

Return to Beauty / Good Looks