Skin care routines

Re: Skin care routines

Postby CielOnTap on Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:00 pm

North Americans may need to deal with dry skin with the falling temperatures, so exfoliation needs to be planned for regular skincare. Change of moisturizer-something creamier or heavier-or makeup can assist as well in the seasonal transition. You may need to consider sunscreen/SPF if you spend time driving for long periods or outdoors, plus eyewear to deal with glare for the lower sun in the sky.

If you eat cereal or oatmeal regularly, adding some dried or fresh fruit to the bowl or supplements can be one way to ensure nutritional needs for skin cell growth are met. A healthy diet needs some protein. Skin benefits from brushing/washing with a cloth/massaging include improving circulation of blood and lymph fluid under the face and removing flaky skin. Leaving a face bare at night allows the skin to rest free of cosmetics-it's great to say "hello" to yourself in the mirror.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Pimples exist-hormones, food, medicine or as a reaction to something applied or ingested. When pimples appear on your face, there is a possibility of these activities/touching those areas are likely causing your blocked pores.

http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/what-your-pimples-say-about-your-health?click=list1
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby TryhaneS on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:50 am

I have a simple skin care routine and I use mild soap or facial wash when washing. I used to wash my face twice a day to clean and remove the dirt. I applied some sunscreen and moisturizer to protect it from the heat and to keep it hydrated. I also apply natural Japanese silk facial treatment mask with carrot seed and coconut oil to rejuvenate my skin.
TryhaneS

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Dr. Jessica Wu's book, Feed Your Face, indicates that what food is eaten determines how healthy one's skin will be. Blood sugar is important in that a complex carbohydrate meal does not spike sugar too quickly and allows a longer period of breakdown, keeping insulin release moderated. If a person does not pay attention to high glycemic index and high glucose load food consumption, the body's insulin response may lead to diabetes or a failure to produce sufficient insulin to deal with varying blood sugar levels.

Her teenage years with acne, combined with an interest in science, led her to medical studies in dermatology. She has had patients whose skin conditions could have been indicators of more serious health conditions or immune responses. Dr. Wu ensures she knows each patient's existing dietary consumption patterns (what is eaten) and also has lab testing on bloodwork done to help determine what is the cause of a skin issue.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby Sadie24 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:32 am

I will definitely follow the skin care routines you have shared here but before that I am looking for suggestions on some of the good makeup brands which are also not so expensive, as I need it for just a single function.
Sadie24

Previous

Return to Beauty / Good Looks