US 2016 Election

Re: US 2016 Election

Postby kittydiva on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:00 pm

Hello all -

Think I'll put my two cents in here as well. I skimmed over the posts by no1home and deja vu ---- and I have much the same feelings. The hate, the nasty rhetoric----- I haven't seen such bigotry since probably the sixties. As a person of mixed race, this has certainly been concerning to me ---- I was even wondering if I should move countries. Never mind what a gargantuan task that would be, that I'm not sure where I'd even head, or how my cat would react!

I really feel that the Rep. nominee (who I shall not name) is dangerous - for our U. S. civil liberties, to the coming together we so need to solve problems, to dangers to the whole planet (climate change and who know what else his temper might lead to!). And I just shake my head this election cycle since I'm not thrilled with the Dem. nominee, either. Why can't we do better?

Prayer, anyone???
kittydiva

Postby deja vu on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Seems a few have been thinking about moving, most to Canada, but we hear that every election cycle. This time what started as a joke in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, has skyrocketed among Americans seeking an escape if The Donald wins.

As for cats, most do fine and if they have up to date shots and paperwork it's pretty easy to move them across international borders, but pet owners should always check with that countrys border security to find out exactly what they need to do to bring their pets with them. I think the US will need more than prayers this time round, the world is worried that what they thought was a joke may become a reality.

http://cbiftrumpwins.com/#intro

http://globalnews.ca/news/2562300/heres ... to-canada/
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kittydiva on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:18 am

Hi there deja vu !

Interesting links. I'm not sure though is moving is for me... I had started collecting some info about going to Canada and two things gave me pause. One was you HAD to fill out some online form to get the program(s) you in particular might be eligible for. I really didn't want to put a lot of personal type info into such a form (they will be asking financial stuff, among some other things). The other was I'm retired now and most of the programs seem aimed at workers - or maybe investors or entrepreneurs. So I wouldn't know if I even had much of a chance... that one link (the Cape Breton one), said retirees could emigrate - but I do wonder about my actual chances.

Glad to know the kitty would most likely do well in a move, though.

Did you hear about the one guy who started a site for people who want to marry across the U. S. Canadian "border" so the U. S. person could emigrate? Seems he started it as sort of a joke but received a massive amount of hits and interest.

I'm quite sure a lot of the world is terrified at the prospect of a xxxxxx (I can't even bear to use his name!) victory in Nov.. A lot of us in the U. S., too as the interest in emigrating shows. This is the most depressing election cycle I think I've ever seen.

We really need help here!!!
kittydiva

Postby deja vu on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:13 pm

I know nothing of the process, I would say the best place to start is the nearest embassy to you. They would have a ton of information plus there is the option of living up here months at a time, as we do when winter hits and some (snowbirds) bail for the warm south. With a new friendlier government things are changing so I don't know what options there are right now.

No, but not surprised, this is the one time that our jokes at US election time are becoming serious thought south of the border.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby no1home on Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:13 pm

I had no idea this could even be done and now it could become a reality. Just when I thought things could not get anymore
bizarre, I came across this article.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/don ... 42712ce14f
no1home

Postby deja vu on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:33 pm

Shaking my head at the first debate tonight. He admitted he has not paid taxes for 15 years and was smart to not pay. Then says they are out to get him with all of the audits. What the heck did he expect if you don't pay them for that long, of course they will be going after you. I am curious to see hos his supporters defend that one.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby up-down on Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 pm

The headline says it all -

Donald Trump’s debate defeat has sent him into a raging tailspin

“This is the worst post-debate spin in world history,” Ted Cruz’s former spokesman says.

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/usel ... lspin.html

He gives a new meaning to "going off the deep end".
Inside out, round & round, upside down. Which way am I going?
up-down
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby deja vu on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:00 pm

How can any self respecting American woman vote for this pig of a man. I have heard the tape and vulgar, doesn't even begin to cover it. First he owes an apology to the actress that greeted them for the remarks those 2 men made about her before exiting the bus. Then to all woman for being a foul mouth, vulgar pig that has zero respect for women. He can claim he has the utmost respect until the cows come home, this tape shows he has none.

The full tape is on this link and be prepared for disgusting.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/ ... index.html
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby kittydiva on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:47 pm

deja vu wrote:How can any self respecting American woman vote for this pig of a man. I have heard the tape and vulgar, doesn't even begin to cover it. First he owes an apology to the actress that greeted them for the remarks those 2 men made about her before exiting the bus. Then to all woman for being a foul mouth, vulgar pig that has zero respect for women. He can claim he has the utmost respect until the cows come home, this tape shows he has none.

The full tape is on this link and be prepared for disgusting.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/ ... index.html

Hello deja vu -

Wow - believe it or not, this was the first I'd heard of this. I've been not watching Nat'l network news just so as not be disgusted by the continued coverage of him. And I hadn't seen any online reports of this yet, either. So thanks for posting this.

How can any self-respecting woman --- or any self-respecting person vote for "him." I have been continually aghast by his campaign of hate, mockery of others, lack of concern for world peace and the environment, and narcissism. He's basically been projecting just about everything AGAINST what I stand FOR.

What really concerns me too, are his supporters. So many of them seem as though they're in some brainwashed cult and will defend just about anything he does or says. I'm quite sure if anyone else said or did similar stuff, they'd condemn him or her quite readily. Any wonder why our country is in such trouble?
kittydiva

Postby deja vu on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:53 pm

The story just broke in the last few hours and it's all over the nightly news in the US and Canada. Trump is saying it's just Locker Room banter and private and sorry if he may have offended anyone.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Politics