Target Stores

Re: Target Stores

Postby CielOnTap on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:45 pm

The regular Target shoppers, including those who loved the stacking coupon possibilities, are rather sad right now. Last night there was discussion on two different forums about the possibility of the chain closing this year and today, news stations and reporters greeted employees in the parking lot. The employees had not officially heard about the closure.

I don't see how all of the locations can be sold. I also don't see Walmart or existing store chains rushing to get into malls or big box buildings. The Starbucks inside Target stores might have been near existing Starbucks storefronts so there'll be less competition for customer traffic.

The store in my area was usually stocked. I love the quiet "no music" atmosphere-it's the best retail environment. This is not a Zellers store-I can see the red colour in logos/branding as similar (Zellers' red was more orange-red).

This year, my wish is to do a grocery shopping visit with a cart and buy groceries mostly with maybe a non-food item purchase or two. I'll have to figure out when that will happen. Right now, Target carries two laundry room items that are hard to find in other stores-do I wish to stock up? Yes.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:06 am

Shoppers at Target Canada stores, you are really making store employees miserable. Let up on the rants at cash, will you?
"We've taken to calling our 'guests' vultures now, because everyone only comes in to pick at our bones. It's awful."

Target employee

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5345053-rude-shoppers-target-workers-ask-for-compassion-please/
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby ice cream on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 pm

They leave Canada and now things get interesting in Chicago. If all goes as planned soon shoppers at a new Target will be able to drink while shopping. Strikes me as the stupidest idea in the world.

Who will monitor that people are not drunk when they leave the store and go to their car, or a drunk customer gets mad and is also carrying a weapon. This is just a bad idea all around.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ ... story.html

A new Target store near Navy Pier is slated to be the first in the nation to not only sell packaged alcohol but serve it in the store.

Target has applied for a Consumption on Premises liquor license for its new store under construction at 401 E. Illinois St. in Streeterville, according to city records.

A spokeswoman for Minneapolis-based Target confirmed the retail giant applied for a license to serve liquor in the new Chicago store but declined to elaborate. A nearby Whole Foods Market has a wine bar and also serves beer and liquor in the store.
Beware of brain freeze
ice cream

Previous

Return to Business