Apple iPad and other wonders

Re: Apple iPad and other wonders

Postby CielOnTap on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:55 pm

Cassette tape players in cars!! Memories of listening to albums over and over come to mind.

In fact today, I noticed the Mazda driver ahead of me was bobbing his/her head to the right and down. Either there was a faulty latch on the dash or there was some difficulty figuring out the central controls on the dash. I half-expected to be on top of an accident until a few minutes later, said driver kept attention on the road.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:09 am

Apple's newest smartphone has animations that zoom in and out when using applications with the new iOS 7 system. Users cannot really get them to stop zooming. Online, there are stories of users feeling nauseous after several minutes of using their new phones.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/apple-ios-literally-making-users-sick/story?id=20385379
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 am

OOPS!

They are only as smart as the information provided by humans, and at least one did not do their homework. A few glaring errors on their Canadian Map and I wonder how many are on the U.S. map. At least the post office will get it right when the deliveries show up.

How hard can it be to copy names off of a map and put them in the right order?

Apple seems to be a little confused when it comes to Canadian geography. Consumers who hit Apple.ca to pre-order one of the company's new iPhones and clicked on a link about delivery timelines saw an error-riddled map of Canada.

Apple appeared to have mixed up the nation's capital and Ontario's capital, and placed Ottawa roughly where Toronto should be on the map.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/apple-se ... -1.2003953

Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Computers & IT