Another Landing on Mars

Re: Another Landing on Mars

Postby deja vu on Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:45 pm

All aboard for a one way ticket to Mars. Maybe.

They narrowed it down to 1,000 and have to keep narrowing it down to the most rugged. Some civilians signing up for either a chance of a lifetime or a ticket to hell. Are they sane to jump at this or completely off their rockers?

The dangers are there from the moment it takes off, that is if it takes off and then it only builds from there.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/landscap ... -1.1612532

Mars One, the commercial space project that aims to put people on Mars by 2025, announced its shortlist of astronaut candidates Monday, narrowing the field from 200,000 candidates to 1,000 finalists. The trip isn’t possible now, but that hasn’t stopped private ventures like Mars One and even NASA from making plans.

Marina Miral, 30, from Sooke, B.C., was one of the lucky ones shortlisted for a one-way ticket to Mars. “It’s pretty much all I ever wanted to do since I was about 10 years old and I first discovered Star Trek,” Miral told CTV News. “So it’s been a lifelong dream for me.”

Hollywood magic is not the reality for this trip. If you run into danger, there is no help just around the corner.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another Landing on Mars

Postby keychain on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:12 pm

A B.C.-born scientist is enjoying fresh air and real food again for the first time in four months.

Starting at the end of March, Ross Lockwood had been living with five other researchers in a NASA-built Mars simulator environment on the slopes of the Mauna Loa volcano in Hawaii. On Friday, he finally stepped out of the dome without his survival suit, and came "back" to life on Earth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2719642

Cramped quarters in a real mission, might lead to some violence if people get on the nerves. Four months is bad enough so why not at least make it more comfortable and give the
participants some private space instead of living in a really tiny fishbowl.
Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda
you'll come a-Waltzing Matilda, with me
he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag, 

keychain

Previous

Return to Space