A Matter of Perspective-excerpts to inspire

Re: A Matter of Perspective-excerpts to inspire

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Something showcasing the late Michael Jackson's wit, unintentional or not. The film of his This Is It rehearsals will launch next week worldwide.

Michael Jackson's God-given tour advice
Reuters News Agency
Published On Mon Oct 19 2009
Michael Jackson believed God was providing ideas for his This Is It comeback tour, the subject of a film that hits theatres worldwide for two weeks on Oct. 28.

Entertainment Weekly says the London concerts that were derailed by Jackson's death featured 22 stage sets, aerial dancing and magic. Jackson even wanted a reproduction of the world's largest waterfall, the Victoria Falls in Africa, before producers balked.

"God channels this through me at night. I can't sleep because I'm so supercharged," Jackson reportedly told his director, Kenny Ortega.

"Can't God take a vacation?" Ortega asked. "You don't understand – if I'm not there to receive these ideas, God might give them to Prince," Jackson answered, referring to the rival pop star.http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/article/712130--michael-jackson-s-god-given-tour-advice
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm having a look back at excerpts posted in this thread. The July 9 entry is one worth sharing with people in committed relationships or considering making their relationships exclusive. I realized that someone getting married may have considered the important elements of a marriage, not just the fancy reception or visual aspects or the catering. The wedding service and party are for one day, then there are all those other days will less elaborate festivity to share with Mr. or Ms.

Today, someone I know is embarking on that journey. Wishing you a marvellous journey!
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:05 pm

That little bit about a weed being a flower or whatever does sort of fit in my case some yrs ago. Note I was a full-time fruit orchardist & my Mother asked if I would please remove the weeds from around her small garden.

Now to me anything that is green around the base of a tree has to be removed otherwise it is hiding grounds for field mice to chew away at the bark of my younger trees.

Obvioulsly I did my job, only my poor mother was dismayed that I had also removed her flowers----well it was the weeds around the garden was it not?

Having sold out of the business & moved to this home in town I remember my Mother saying to neighbours " My son is a very good orchardist by a terrible gardner". So there be my life in my poor mother's mind.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:57 am

Be. Do. Have. Mindset at work.

Accept, reject, or change--how to respond to situations as they arise-you can accept them, reject them or change how you feel about them. Very hard words to apply.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:16 pm

The late Steve Jobs was known for his public speaking, either at commencement addresses or Apple product meetings. A Youtube video about words he spoke at Stanford University to the new graduates a few years ago is provided:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EnBk1Z3XyM&feature=related
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Previous

Return to Relativism