NFL - Are you ready for some football

Re: NFL - Are you ready for some football

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Christopher Walken features in Kia's Optima car commercial for the Super Bowl. There are socks involved. Wish the car was as colourful as the sock puppet Walken uses in the ad.
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/playlist/game-ads/kia-big-game-ad-walken-173607781.html
If you are watching from Canada, there's an ad to bear with prior to the KIa video.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby burnt fare on Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:07 pm

Ready for some bbq-the game is secondary but reason enough to have the grill working today with burgers, veggies, some sausages and lots of takeout
fruit trays and ice cream. Nothing fancy but tasty-oh, yes!

Will say that I do have some laughs watching the big game ads. Not sure I care about Pokémon unless there is some freebie involved.
Burger time
burnt fare

Postby CielOnTap on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:36 am

In case you missed seeing the Super Bowl commercials, this link will tell you what are considered the top 10 ads of yesterday's football game:

http://www.thespec.com/whatson-story/6267615-the-10-best-commercials-of-super-bowl-50/

Drake's Hotline Bling song is part of the T-Mobile ad. Lots of ironic dialogue.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Thu May 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Mountain Dew should have passed on this one. They waited 15 years to do another Super Bowl ad and this one is so bad, beyond annoying. I cringe everytime it shows up on TV now, thank God for mute buttons because this ad should be muted.

I think most scream after hearing the words "Puppy Monkey Baby" over and over again. It is bad enough to hear those words, and then they throw dancing/walking in to make it a total nightmare. Sorry, but for the full God awful effect you need to turn up the volume for this.

Judge for yourselves -

https://youtu.be/ql7uY36-LwA
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Houston, Texas is hosting the 2017 Super Bowl. Atlanta Falcons and New England Patriots are playing today. I am looking forward to seeing who performs with Lady Gaga during the half-time show.

Also of interest-the commercials. Watch for Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg in T-Mobile's ad. By the way, Canadians watching TV at home will see US ads during commercial breaks on Canadian stations (a recent change due to a CRTC ruling).

I'd like to thank Pepsico for all the pop and chip deals in the past two or so weeks. Have enjoyed Tostitos chips in a nacho casserole I made this weekend and also with soe salsa.

CTV online is requiring viewers online to pick their cable supplier in order to watch the Super Bowl online. Mine is not shown so happy viewing, major city residents!

NFL.com requires a subscription before allowing viewing access online for live game coverage.

Maybe the cable tv or sports bar in your area is the place to be if you want to see the game.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Strong first half game by Atlanta Falcons. Amazing Lady Gaga half-time show. New England Patriots find their way back in second half. Overtime called.
Patriots win 34-28 over Falcons.

The Twitterverse was helpful with commentary, humour, clips (thanks for the half-time video) and interesting facts. I suggest that Dave Chappelle get the nod to run the 2018 half-time show in his Block Party style from his film and include a high-school marching band. #ShareTheMusic in Minnesota. By the way, go watch Dave Chappelle's Block Party!
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby burnt fare on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:21 pm

The game showed viewers and spectators that Atlanta has GAME. As far as I know, Tom Brady is one of several players on the Patriots team. Why was the media always talking about him? He's not playing the game for his team by himself.

Three days have passed. In other news, Lady Gaga posted something on Instagram because she heard her body during the half-time show created some tweets of scorn. She wrote her mind.
Burger time
burnt fare

Previous

Return to Sports