Sports Figures That Get In Trouble

Re: Sports Figures That Get In Trouble

Postby mousepad on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:52 am

Janay Rice, the wife of former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice, has broken her silence after her husband was cut by the team and suspended indefinitely by the NFL following the release of a video that shows him violently striking her.

The following message, which the Baltimore Sun reported was from Janay Rice and was intended to be released publicly, appeared Tuesday on her official Instagram account:

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare in itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/nfl/r ... -1.2760440

I have seen the video and it is deeply disturbing to say the least. He slugs her, she tries to defend herself and she is slugged and hits the floor hard. Then he drags her out of the elevator like a piece of meat. At no time does he show any concern for her health. Why defend his actions and blame others. He was a superstar in football so it's a little odd to scream foul now. It was bound to come to light and he should pay a price for his actions.

Ray and Janay Rice were married a few weeks after the elevator incident, for which the football player was indicted by a grand jury on third-degree aggravated assault.

He was accepted into a diversion program, which upon completion could lead to the charges being expunged.

The two sat beside each other at a May media conference at which Janay Rice defended her husband by saying: "I do deeply regret the role I played in the incident that night. But I can say that I am happy that we continue to work through it together."

What I don't get is why is she blaming others for his actions. Lay blame at the person that caused it, he put his own career in jeopardy, no one else. I don't see how she can lay blame on herself for his actions. He knocked her out and dragged her around like a piece of meat. The hotel staff also protected him, by blaming her. She is drunk, right and no cops, not one person concerned she would need medical attention, not even Rice.

Deeply disturbing.
Cheese Please!
mousepad

Re: Sports Figures That Get In Trouble

Postby no1home on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:21 pm

Dallas Cowboys reserve running back Joseph Randle was arrested for shoplifting from a suburban mall Monday night. Randle was charged with a misdemeanor Class B theft of $50 to $500, according to Frisco, Texas, police. He was released on writ bond at 1:20 a.m. Tuesday.

Frisco Police Lt. Jason Jenkins said Randle is accused of attempting to steal underwear and cologne from Dillard's in Stonebriar Centre Mall.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... hoplifting

Unbelievable, he makes almost 500,000 a year not including endorsements and he allegedly steals 123.50 in goods.

The NFL has a serious issue on their hands when it comes to players breaking the law. Ranging from physical abuse, drunk driving, stealing and everything in between. They need to clean house and start taking full responsibility for their players and how they handle the misdeeds. Enough of sweeping it under the rug to protect their investments.
no1home

Previous

Return to Sports