Sports Figures That Get In Trouble

Re: Sports Figures That Get In Trouble

Postby slider on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:05 pm

San Francisco Giants outfielder Melky Cabrera has been suspended for 50 games without pay after testing positive for testosterone.

The commissioner's office says the suspension is effective immediately. Major League Baseball said on Wednesday that Cabrera tested positive for the banned performance-enhancing substance, which violates MLB's joint drug prevention and treatment program. The MVP of the All-Star game last month, Cabrera is batting .346 with 11 home runs and 60 RBIs in his first season with San Francisco.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/08/1 ... drug-test/

What is wrong with these people? They know the rules, yet keep breaking them, why? It's just not worth it to risk your health, so why do it? They always get caught so why risk your career on it.
slider

Postby deja vu on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:26 pm

This time a whole team is under investigation for using a banned substance. They got caught during a game they ended up losing and now a lot is at stake for the NFL's San Diego Chargers.

So much for fair play, they paid in the end by losing the game and may pay a higher price down the road. You cheat, it eventually catches up with you. No idea how long they have been pulling this or how many other teams use similar products. Great example to set for the young ones coming up the ranks.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh ... --nfl.html
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm

I really have to wonder about so called hereo's of some of our sports.

Myself & others I am wish be they m/c riders, trap shooters, or indoor h/gun target shooters.

Are NON SMOKERS & only arrive at the competition with their own cup of coffee from home to one they might have purchased.

At the end no beers & of interest some of them will refuse a container of pop for we had good water & some brew up their own coffee or tea & shin-wag about shooter, reloading for us h/gunners, & policies here in Canada through we are flooded with what is going on in the USA.

Several have asked me if they should machine down the length of their 9mm or 45ACP brass. There I say "NO" for this being new to me many years ago I purchased a trimmer of any caliber & pointed out a very good shooter of a 45ACP asked if he could borrow my machine & when he stated 45ACP used brass I told him it was a waste of time. Some weeks later he returned the same trimmer & admitted he did not need that machine on 38Spl, 9mm, 45ACP 41 Magtnum to even 44 Magnum. IT is the type of bullet tip, how deeply it is seated rather then to shallow a depth.

I gave the the present load for my Browning to CZ75. In turn he handed me 21 reloaded 9mm bullets so next week I will be using his reloads & discussing it after a bit of shooting, or when I go my love on my 45ACP 1911 well modified by a pistolsmith.
smitty

Postby smitty on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Also deja vu, the reckless driving after drinking is goint to toll pedestrains on walk-aways to themselves when their vehicle rolls on a bend of the road, TOSS IN road conditions not like summer time ESPECILLY when it is snowing or slippery conditons & YES the Dept of Highway to weather people to the RCMP are trying their best.

In Summer time, the speed limit on Hwy 97 is 80 to 100KPH. Yet so many are clocking 140 to 150 KPH.

My pace is around 90KPH as maxium. Now to drive back to my home in Summerland I find traffic doing the speeds I often mentioned. SO to get back on to that 4-way road from the other side, is taken when seeing a good gap & head down to Penticton at the speed I mentioned, but a set speed of 70KPH & later to in Penticton of 50kph I shift down to those speed or even a bit slower if the driver in front of me is slower.

Once in Penticton, I wait till the Green light to make the left turn & head past an automotive firm's lot, to turn right going up a street & wait for a decent gap on Eckhart street at the 50KPH speed, to the 70KPH asked speed to the normal 80 to 100KPH as the others can keep on doing their 140 to 150KPH as the pass me. The turn right on the Hwy that cut throw Summerland, I wait for the turn left & then on I go at 40 to 50KPH.

Of interest I noted some owner of his new car & some others inside of it were doing 80KPH in a School Zone that is actually 30KPH. So as a m/c rider to a driver of a ATV I have to watch our for the wild drivers.

We had a power outage from 4:15pm & told by the Corp people that it would be correct around 6:00. Only that was waiting for power till 7:30pm.

Being a bit hungy for a cup of tea to possibly something to take down for Supper I road down to the main street in Summerland ALL places were also out of power to had closed which is normal

What amazed me on going down the the main street to also home EVERYONE was driving with their headlamps on HIGH. Even the blink of High to LOW again was ignored as they simply drove all the way home with their lights on HIGH BEAM probably not realizing this was effecting those in the opposition with lights on LOW were being effected in SAFETY.

So one has to wonder what they know about safety or position they have their headlamps?
smitty

Postby deja vu on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:08 pm

This time it's a case of a Kansas City Chief 's (NFL) player murdering his girlfriend. He committed the murder at his home and then killed himself at his team's training facility.

Most news has identified the player - Chief's linebacker Jovan Belcher.

It's been all over the news this morning and some feel sorry for him and hero worshipping his career. I think the hero worshipping needs to end especially in cases like this. Most people on pedestals can't live up to the hype the fans generate. That is a huge microscope to live under and then the fans make excuses for their bad behavior even if they kill someone. Instead of concern for the family of the victim, it's all about this player.

They should be looking at the fact he killed the mother of his 3 month old daughter. In one second he took away her mother, and then her father. The NFL says the Chiefs game will go on tomorrow, I just hope they don't treat it as a memorial to him. Not after that act.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:24 pm

A week later , and this time tragedy hits the Dallas Cowboys. Another player is dead because his teammate was driving drunk. They hear all the stories, see what happens to other players, yet they keep driving drunk. How many have to die before the message finallly hits home? Unless the family of the victim fights for justice, this man will probably walk due to his status.

Associated Press — Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman Josh Brent is facing an intoxication manslaughter charge after a one-vehicle accident that killed linebacker Jerry Brown, a member of the team's practice squad. Irving police spokesman John Argumaniz said the accident happened about 2:20 a.m. Saturday in the Dallas suburb. Argumaniz says Brent was speeding when the vehicle hit a curb and flipped at least once.

Argumaniz says Brown was found unresponsive at the scene and pronounced dead at a hospital. The police spokesman says officers conducted a field sobriety test on Brent and arrested him. The charge was upgraded after Brown was pronounced dead. The Cowboys didn't immediately respond to an email request for comment.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 am

"I am devastated and filled with grief," Brent said in a statement released to multiple media outlets by agent Peter Schaffer. "Filled with grief for the loss of my close friend and teammate, Jerry Brown. I am also grief-stricken for his family, friends and all who were blessed enough to have known him.

"I will live with this horrific and tragic loss every day for the rest of my life. My prayers are with his family, our teammates and his friends at this time."

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/50132018/ns/sports-nfl/

Too little, way too late for that one, the damage is done. He plead guilty to drunk driving 3 years ago, and clearly that didn't knock some sense into him. It was only a matter of time before he killed himself or someone else. The NFL has a program in place for players that are too drunk to drive so why aren't more taking advantage of it?

He may feel sorry now, but when the time comes to enter a plea, he will probably plead not guilty instead of manning up to what he did. He wont be thinking about what he has done to the victim and his family, just his own skin.

If he does man up, then reality hit him hard and will take the punishment for the crime, but I wont bet on it.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm

I am a strong believer in being one of the team & that we played it FAIRLY.

We played a lot of soft ball & were ahead of this other team plus in a while it would become a bit to dark. One of the other team asked if the pitcher can be his sisten. A woman---well why not. Thing is that pitcher had the soft ball comming at us so fast we could not hit it.

After we went to a corner drug store for a drink shake or such & this gal gets to talking to me & THAT WAS FOR ME TO LEARN THEY CARRIED IT OUT AT THE American universities---so little wonder she was so darn good.

Fortunately during WWII a number of gals played the men's version of bit time sort ball to even become good at HARDBALL. My hat is off to any of those women that did so well. At 10th grade women's basketball was a big thing so one of the teachers hauled me in to make the Public Announcements. True I knew nother about basketball, but they passed on the word for me & out it came on the announcement section, Still after a few weeks I was gone for I realized to be in different classes of Grade 10 I would need a good brain & memory . Something I did not have!!!!!!
smitty

Postby deja vu on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 am

Smitty -
I am a strong believer in being one of the team & that we played it FAIRLY.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013 ... -ball-boy/

Eden Hazard may be a two-time French league player of the year, but after this incident Wednesday night in Wales, the 22-year-old Belgian attacker will always be known as the guy who kicked a kid in the stomach to try and get a ball.

Someone forgot to mention fair play to this soccer player. Sure his team was losing, but that is no excuse to take out your frustrations on a ballboy. He should be charged with something because if he had done it on the street it would be considered an attack. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like someone is clapping for him after it happened.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 pm

The Leafs defended Grabovski, saying they didn't see the alleged bite but adding he was provoked.

“I don't know what happened,” sail Leaf defenceman Mark Fraser. “It's the game. In the heat of the moment guys react differently.”

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/20 ... retty.html

This is the first time I have heard of one player supposedly biting another. These are adults right? Yet it looks like they have returned to the playground with that attitude.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sports