Pro Hockey

Re: Pro Hockey

Postby smitty on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:38 pm

As the rest of you know I have no use in NHL hockey or even Jr hockey for it is a blood & guts game.

So many of the young hockey players have in mind to get on the better teams or especially into the NHL they need to become an INFORCER or the one all know to be the fighter or use of dirty moves.

If you go back a few years in NHL games it was so common for the two fighting to take off their helmets & gloves, plus others would do the same----like were both teams going to get into fights?

We have to remember about one hockey player from the States & the blow to the head was more then a concussion so little chance he will ever play hockey again. Now Crosby has been off the ice or into hockey, but might take a try at it again, but his team mates will have to spend time protecting.

Lastly know how poorly Toronto teams is doing & costs to watch, one has to wonder about the rebirth of the NHL team in Winnipeg, Manitoba though I have a hunch the rickets will be very high in cost.
smitty

Postby rodeorope on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 am

A Russian jet carrying a top local ice hockey team crashed while taking off Wednesday in western Russia, killing 36 people and leaving one critically injured, officials said.

The Russian Emergency Situations Ministry said the Yak-42 plane crashed immediately after taking off from an airport near the city of Yaroslavl, on the Volga River about 150 miles northeast of Moscow. It said one person survived the crash with grave injuries. There was no immediate word on weather conditions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44422789/ns ... md9MmpqCSo

No matter the cause that brought this plane down, it wont undo the tragedy that will hit their hockey world hard. Such a huge loss for the
families and friends of these hockey players.
rodeorope

Postby smitty on Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:41 pm

Heard about the best hockey team in Russia of basically all including coaches & such being killed. That will be a blow to the other European hockey teams.
smitty

Postby smitty on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Wonderful young Crosby was with a panels of doctors, for it was all about concussion matters. There is a good chance he will have to start looking for a way to retire at his young age.

The panel of doctors were so much about CONCUSSION & how they are going to put a lot out of their sports. This also means to kids that are on bicycle & not wearing a crash helmet not that they seem to do much good, but sometimes they will.

I would say some other sports will be effected due to similiar to concusion matter. Fortunately my days in Judo to a Certified Amateur Wrestling Instructor there was no way that one could obtain oncussions for when throwen the opponent makes sure the head does not thump on the matt as a competitor knows he has to make sure the head is held upright.

I do not know about boxing, to latest fad of so called wrestling or fighting with tricks from Karati, to also the boxing tricks.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Pro hockey seems to be more sensitive to concussive matters with their players. Is Crosby that precarious? I only know that he has not been playing due to the medical issue.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Crosby has been on the ice for practice, but he & the specialst in concussions, have noted he does not have the sharp moves when skating or normal for him to duck someone with just a light body check to he is often a bit slow in his thinking to often sort of like in a dim outlook when on ice.

I would not be surprised that he retires even at this young age, for this was mentioned a few times at the meeting with the panel of doctors & the media, basically hot on hockey to be left as it was, as it has been for almost from the start.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:05 pm

Investigators said on Wednesday the pilots of a Russian plane that crashed, killing the entire Lokomotiv Yaroslavl hockey team, had been inadequately trained and the co-pilot was under banned sedatives.

They also faulted poor inspections of the Yak-42 jet, which plowed into a riverbank just after takeoff as it set out to carry the team to a match in Belarus. All but one of the 45 passengers died.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/P ... story.html

Why were they even allowed into the cockpit? Why let him fly if he was not trained properly? I'm wondering if it is a case of using these two men as scapegoats to take the heat away from the bad inspections.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:28 pm

It is going to be good especially to see if young Crosby can play like he did, but KNOW for sure that his fellow players will be protecting FOR this has been done in prior years of hockey. The enforcer will find it hard to slam Crosby or such.
smitty

Postby smitty on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am

I agree deja vu, that there are things going on in this airplane carrying the Russian team along with the coaches or assistant coaches. We will probably never know what really went on or was in the wrong.

Shifting to CielOnTap,s question about concussion during hockey. One has to remember that ice is like hitting pavement. As an ex-speed skater I felt this a few times & it took some months to heal some joint or such.

If you remember some of the prior hockey players in fighting the two would so often throw off their helmet along with their gloves AND so often other players were about to dig in & one would see more & more helmets & gloves on the ice.

If one has their bear head hit the ice then they will suffer sometimes with a concussion. Even with helmets on sometimes the same happens. For inatane the slam by an oppent hockey player looked so normal, but that was what put Crosby out for all this time.

I remember during the Winter Olympics some player of of another country was knocked on his back & before he hit the ice his helmet flew off-----------obviously some players did not have the protective helmet on in the correct manner.

Like we had a complaint about a chap riding a scooter & the damage to his head was because his helmet fell off. THEY CANNOT FALL OFF if straped on correctly. I probably know this more then the average scooter or m/c rider for under the CMA or AMA rules I had to start wearing a helmet back in 1947, my starting or racing at 17 yrs of age. True we did not wear them when riding around town or on the roads, but in Canada it became compulsory in 1965 with just a simple open face helmet & since '82 I have been wear a variation of different makes of full face helmets. Till '82 I took a liking to the full face helmet by Shoei that is not tossed on wih ease, but strpped proberly & will not come off without out a bit of work.

This Shoei full face helmet ,is like some other well made helmets, in protection to blows or whatever all over my head, to even some protection to the eyes & more protection to the mouth & jaw section.
smitty

Postby smitty on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:18 pm

I guess I am saying the since ice is as hard as a rock when you land accidetly on it, Youn Crosby such a talented hockey player had a bad concussion when it was knocked down.

At the start I said "I doubt if he will be back", but he surprised us all. ONLY now he is calling it QUITS as the older concussion is effecting him & others have to play guard for him against any agressive hockey players from the opposit team.

I have had sever scull fractions to a maze of concussion from practing for a competition ot also the racing itself where he is often racing at their maxkimun do even on my own practing I will wake up COLD & start to check if my limbs work, look for the m/c then go over to it to find the fins of the power plant are COLD & sane to the exhaust heading pipe WHICH TELLS ME I was out for 3o minutes & next was to find out why I went down & next would be the correct way home in these bullies & trees to rocks & such.

Only the scull fracture to my left front, of the head, put me into epilepsy, though my parents just thought I was a SLOW LEARNER, but the attacks came in different forms in later live. still there if I have to remember a name or feel at home with numbers.

Yet I am a good m/c rider, to a mechanic, to an instructor for most as to how to shoot a h/gun to also working on my guns, to also my continual reloading of ammo which is to tricky for so many others, but the continaul reloading & all the rest is sort of normal for me.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to Sports