Golf

Re: Golf

Postby smitty on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:55 pm

Yes I agree that finally Tiger Woods is going down-hill. So NOW who are the younger golfers that are felling in the leads?
smitty

Postby guitarblues on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:39 pm

There's some magazine about golf-well, their website is being uncooperative. I wanted to post a link to a list of some kind.

The PGA folks have a website that seems full of information but I cannot find their top lists. I don't know many of the players, as I channel surf and occasionally watch some golf to pass time and to check out the greens and crowds (no frequent flyer here).
http://www.pgatour.com/r/players/
You'll be smiling if you sing some songs.
guitarblues

Postby Speak-Ez on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:57 am

Stumbled upon something that is very, very cute.

Title is, "The luckiest golf shot ever -- Darren Clarke"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1CKesTy ... ure=relmfu

If that is not the luckiest shot, it sure is close to the top of lucky shots, for sure!

As a matter of fact, I viewed that about an hour ago, but I am going to have to look at that again after I post this.

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 am

Priceless, talk about the Luck of the Irish. Maybe the Leprechauns were at work. How can you top a ball hitting the rocks just in the exact spot to put the ball back on the course? I thought for sure it would have hit the drink and become a nasty water hole to get out of.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby rambles on Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:31 pm

Tiger Woods' stunning downfall has gotten worse: He missed the cut at the PGA Championship. The player who once dominated golf headed home Friday after shooting a 10-over 150 at Atlanta Athletic Club.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44118855/ns/sports-golf/

That's hitting rock bottom or close to it. Missing for injury is one thing but this has got to rattle him a lot. A meltdown is correct and it's continuing. New coach and caddy yet his slippery slope to the bottom continues.
rambles

Postby rambles on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:27 pm

If you had done a word association game with the name "Tiger Woods" just a short couple of years ago, you might have come up with responses such as "dominant," "champion," "majors," "winner," etc. Unfortunately, that Tiger is no longer with us.

Sad. It’s a long story and the details to this day are still sketchy, but it involved an SUV, a driveway and a fire hydrant, and the outcome was made even worse when his then wife Elin swung a golf club in an effort to rescue him and instead hit a Blackberry full of mistresses.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/44139469/ns/sports-golf/

He's got a point. The control freak has lost control and no idea how to get it back. The fact he didn't even qualify for a tournament he once dominated is a sign of the times. He can hire/fire all he wants but it doesn't seem to be helping. He needs to get his act together he has his house , his mothers house and a divorce settlement to pay off. His house alone is over the top unnecessary for one person to be in. If he ever needs to sell it he may want to try the Oil Barons in the Middle East. They may be the only ones that can afford it.
rambles

Postby smitty on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:48 pm

I use to caddy for my parents especially if they were in a tournament & in some cases the other woman to my mother & this older woman complained about everything, but at the end she complimented me for I gave her the best----often the older gal was doing the same to sort of make my Mother feel she had a decent son.

So my Dad arranged for me to be a caddie on a very rich golf course. I seemed to get along with all of them & often one was new & asking what iron he should use next & sometimes my hint was ideal,

So he did not ask for me by name, but by number & then spoke to me with my lst name. Around the 4th we ran into the elderly chap & this gentleman was polite enough to ask if he would like to accompany him. That is when we realized his feet were in such terrible shape & for shure this is where BROGUES came from.

Still this older chap started to give this chap some advise like just hit the ball down the straight-away & do not try to do it to the maximum, to also practice a LOT of putting. To also watch some of us caddies for often we had a #9 iron & were chopping it to each other.

In a while, with some more guidence from this elderly Scottish chap (his home was on part of the costly golf course) he was delighted to be once in a while playing at par.

Believe me THAT was the best of guidence in the game of golf.

Mind you the golf pro at my parent's golf course often asked me go play a few holes with him. I guess he could see that I had a good take-off to happy on the fairway, to at home with a #4 in a wood he game me to a senior's personal golf course as I caddied for him & that was a gift to me.

Unfortunately I was super keen on all forms of dirt competition of m/cs & did not realize there were good Cdn Jr golfers & that was his hope in I might become the same.

So I can injoy a golf game, same as I can injoy a baseball game. Even Tennis though I do not know some things about tennis----something I have not even tried at a younger age.
smitty

Postby southernfry on Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:46 pm

A strange year for Tiger Woods took another bizarre twist Sunday when a fan was arrested for running toward the seventh green at CordeValle and tossing a hot dog in Woods' direction. The bun barely reached the green. The hot dog landed on the putting surface.

The 31-year-old man, whose name wasn't released, dropped to the ground to be arrested as Santa Clara sheriff's deputies converged on him. Woods backed off his birdie putt, then quickly resumed play.

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/story/?id=377774

Lunch on the green?

Why on earth would someone waste a perfectly good Hot Dog?
Running to the border for bbq sauce
southernfry

Postby deja vu on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Tiger Woods arrived at Augusta National as a favourite to win his fifth green jacket. Instead, he left with his worst score as a pro.

A 74 on Sunday put Woods at 5-over 293 for the Masters, which was his worst four-round score since he posted the same number as a first-time amateur way back in 1995. He shot a 291 in 2007, but that was good enough for second that year, when it was windy and bitterly cold. When he left the course Sunday, he was tied for 41st, the same spot he finished in 1995.

http://www.tsn.ca/golf/story/?id=392625

They need to stop putting him on a pedestal. He won a tournament a couple of weeks ago and that is it. He is not up to the standard he once played at and his temper is getting the better of him. They have rules against bad behavior, but they slam the door when you try to find out if they enforce it evenly or not. Tiger dropped his club and then sent it flying with a kick. I doubt he will be punished, but a lesser known player probably would be.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 am

I have to wonder if Michelle Wie is the young gal they allowed to play with the women, had a long drive & stood 6' in height & still growing a few ears ago. What I note at her young age she did not talk to fast or sound like a young teen age woman.

Then going to the hearing problems if one uses the wrong golf club, if I get the word correctly. All I know is that when I started riding a m/c in a very short while for competition I was wearing ear plugs to ease off the sound.

I still do even when riding one of my sportbikes only so many riders do not feel that is needed. Though they are wrong.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to Sports