Golf

Re: Golf

Postby smitty on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:44 am

It is a pitty that Tiger Woods made a fool of himself like in the past years, this time as his iron & not driver as some years ago.

Still the fans or onlookers, paying to be that close are starting to make fools of themselves. For instace throwing part of a Hot Dog at a golfer. Some times we have to wonder??????
smitty

Postby Speak-Ez on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 am

As I was watching the posts on the BBC live coverage of the third round at Royal Lytham and St Annes I decided something might be going on when I saw the one you'll read below.

1624UTC:
WHAT A SHOT!
Decent effort, very decent effort from Olesen, but that'll be a couple gone. Ernie on nine - nine iron, into the heart, chance to get to six under. MONSTER! Tiger rams one home from about 40 feet out for only the third birdie at six today, he's back to -5 and four off the lead.

That up there came from here at the BBC site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/18935333

What's going on is a familar Tiger starting to make a presence, and not in the rough.

I think people are starting wonder if the fella may be making his return. Sure does look like it.

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:14 pm

I need an education on the game. I am clueless when it comes to it.

No idea what a birdie and an eagle are or any other terms except for the easy one, a hole in one. No idea what the Pos. letters/numbers mean. (T21, MC, 71) No idea how they figure out the numbers for each round.

Let's look at Tigers stats on the US and British Open leaderboards:

US Open:

Pos - T21

Player - Tiger Woods

Today - +3

Thru - F

Total - +7

RD 1 - 69

RD 2 - 70

RD 3 - 75

RD 4 -73

Total - 287

British Open:

Pos - 4

Player - Tiger Woods

Today - Par

Par - -6

RD 1 - 67

RD 2 - 67

RD 3 - 70

RD 4 -

Total - 204
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Rhet-or-Ric on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:33 pm

The "T21" designation at the US Open means he tied for 21st place. He was 7 strokes over par is what the "+7" means.

Compare that with his finish at the 2012 British Open where he tied for 3rd at 3 under par or -3, and you can bet the prize money was a lot better for that T3 at the British Open at the Royal Lytham & St. Annes Golf Club -- tied with Brandt Snedeker.

Champion this year at the British Open was Ernie Els. A solid game on a windy day did the trick for him. Adam Scott not handling the final round pressue sure helped Els, but Scott wasn't the only one having trouble out there when the wind returned that many broadcasters were indicating was "missing" during the first three rounds. Seems they think the Americans can't handle that wind on those islands. Guess that wind is different from the wind they have in North America.

Anyway, congratulations to Ernie Els and returning 3,050 American dollars on a 100 dollar wager on Ernie has lots of others happy about the money, too. The players aren't the only ones that can win money.

The Eyes Have It.
Rhet-or-Ric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Before teeing it up in the pre-qualifier for this week's season-opening LPGA event, the ISPS Handa Australian Open in Yarralumla, Australia, the only Black Widows that LET rookie Daniela Holmqvist of Sweden had ever heard of were the eponymous golf spikes.

But after punching out of the rough on the fourth hole of the Royal Canberra Golf Club in Tuesday's competition, she felt a sharp stab in her ankle. When she looked down, she saw a large, black creature with a red spot on its back just above her sock line. After quickly swatting it away, she doubled over in pain.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-digest-w ... dow-s.html

Unbelievable, and damn lucky she didn't panic. She is either one tough lady or totally crazy to play through knowing how dangerous it could be to delay going to the hospital.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Speak-Ez on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 pm

I thought is was not recommended to cut open a bite from that spider. I also thought the red marking was on the underside of the spider. Guess I better read up on this little creature so I am better prepared when it comes looking for me.

________Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.________
Speak-Ez
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:52 pm

I could not find one site that recommened doing what she did. She just got very lucky. I found 2 images that show the slight difference between the Australian and US Black Widow spider. Very creepy scary looking creatures.

From the Mayo Clinic -
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first- ... es/FA00048

If bitten by a brown recluse or black widow spider

* Cleanse the wound. Use soap and water to clean the wound and skin around the spider bite.

* Slow the venom's spread. If the spider bite is on an arm or a leg, tie a snug bandage above the bite and elevate the limb to help slow or halt the venom's spread. Ensure that the bandage is not so tight that it cuts off circulation in your arm or leg.

* Use a cold cloth at the spider bite location. Apply a cloth dampened with cold water or filled with ice.

* Seek immediate medical attention. Treatment for the bite of a black widow may require an anti-venom medication. Doctors may treat a brown recluse spider bite with various medications

Australian Redback Black Widow:

North American version:

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:36 am

If the black widow spider isn't enough, I just came across this one. Not in your wildest dreams would you think this would be found on a golf course. It's lucky no one was hurt.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/weird-news/ ... olf-course

Under cover drug agents defuse a mini meth lab found inside a porta-potty in the middle of a golf course Tuesday in Purcell.

Staffers noticed strange sports drink bottles with chemicals inside the porta-potty and called police. Officers arrived and soon realized someone had been inside making meth using the “shake and bake” method. Three bottles were found, two of them exploded before detectives arrived.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Regarding Seve Ballesteros I hope the operation is his answer. Last thing you want to do is faint furing a match.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Meanwhile in Australia , it was the Kangaroo's turn to invade the course. There are no more spider reports, so I guess the Kangaroo's scared them away.

I think it would be great to see kangaroo's close and they stayed for a while. They had the best seats in the house, because no one would be stupid enough to try and move them.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/golf/2013 ... _open.html

In perhaps the oddest delay in sports, there was a kangaroo break at a golf tournament in Australia on Thursday.

A mob of kangaroos didn’t care that the best women golfers in the world were playing in the first round of the LPGA Australian Open golf tournament in Canberra on Thursday.

Spiders have also raised their profile at this tournament.

In the qualifying part of the tournament, it was reported that golfer Daniela Holmqvist was bitten in the leg by a spider, but cut out the poison out using a golf tee and finished her round.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Sports