Grey Cup

Re: Grey Cup

Postby smitty on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:25 pm

Lots of booze to be used & everyone can sound like or look like a prize idiot of where they feel others will accept it. Sooner it is over then the better in my mind.

Just another one of these big team sports that are counting on the onlookers to cheer them out & waste their money otherwise they would have to look for REAL JOBS.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:43 pm

The 13th man in green proved to be the difference but for all the wrong reasons. After a penalty for too many men in the dying seconds gave Damon Duval a second chance, the Montreal kicker converted from 33 yards out with no time on the clock to give the Montreal Alouettes a 28-27 victory over the Saskatchewan Roughriders in the 97th Grey Cup.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=300347

The Rider coach may want to take a long holiday. This will not go over well in Saskatchewan.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CielOnTap on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 pm

After the win

Montreal is ready for a parade to celebrate the Grey Cup win. Next year will be the second time in two years that the Grey Cup final will be played in Montreal (just like last year). That means a repeat visit from the Calgary pancake squad too.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:50 pm

It's that weekend again. Sure the Vanier Cup game was on today (did you see how to carve a watermelon hat on RDI?).

Who's going to get the win tomorrow? http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/greycup/2010/11/27/16344501.html Albertans in the crowd...

Here's the fun you missed in Edmonton-the corn maze! http://www.edmontonsun.com/sports/greycup/2010/11/27/16344366.html
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:59 pm

I hope Saskatchewan can count this time round. Hard to believe they lost last year because of too many men on the field at the end of the game. God help them if they repeat that mistake or something just as bad this time round. Rider Pride will be on the warpath if they do. Despite last years disaster, I'm going to stick with the Riders.

It's going to be cold in Eskimo country. At least it's suppose to be sunny in Edmonton but only a high of 20F.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/many ... story.html
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby manga2read on Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Non-football fans, the malls and roads will be quieter during the football game. Plan your outings for that time! Brunch, park outing, museum visit, visiting people--you know, people stuff.
a word with you
manga2read

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:21 pm

Kudos to the person who thought of how he could get temporary workers for the snow cleanup of the stadium for the game, now underway. He did his planning well, offered incentive and got a great turnout and paid what he promised-touchdown for the Bee Clean guy!

http://beta.ca.news.yahoo.com/homeless-shovel-snow-commonwealth.html
Montreal Alouettes have 8 pts to Saskatchewan Roughriders' 0 pts. Montreal really wants to host the Grey Cup again like last year? Or just have the Calgary breakfast crew come to town?
http://tsn.ca/live/cfl/greycup2010/ Live streaming video of the game.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Not my sort of thing or interest. I spent 5 hrs at the gun range shooting with some others, to also explaining a bit about guns to some trap shooters that feel it might be a good idea to get indoors to the heated indoor range.

Then when home it was clean several of my h/guns & started to reload some of the 150 rounds of 45ACP that I shot to-day for I do not want to wonder if any spare boxes of reloads for me. This all takes a bit of time I am willing to do for it is a hobby/sport to me.

I had three variaions of reloads I was going to give to my best friend with a 45ACP semi-auto & so far my reloads are better then his, but the confussing thing is I purchased three eight pound containes of a Winchester 452AA for shotshell loading & found this to be ideal for 38 Spl, to also 45ACP reloads. Said friend realizes on some older reloading manuals it said this is no longer made, but then I have a few other powders that shoot almost as well & if necessary can shift to another two I can use. This is the challenge of reloading NOT for saveing, but for the challenge to try & outdo the factory loads.

True I realize this is a popular football final, but then so is hockey & also in some other sports as well. Still to me h/gun shooting is more of a sport/hobby that I am doing several times a week every month of the years. In my younger years it was Amateur Wrestling, speed-skating, to mountain climbeing, curling to racing m/cs in all forms of competition from '47 till '95 to be ended with a home accident where I broke my left hip.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:31 pm

Alouettes still lead 21 to the Roughriders' 11 points. Let's hope that the fans don't trash any property after the game ends later tonight. No one likes insurance hikes or tax bills.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:21 pm

ALOUETTES EDGE ROUGHRIDERS TO REPEAT AS GREY CUP CHAMPIONS
For the second year in a row, the Montreal Alouettes handed the Saskatchewan Roughriders a heartbreaking loss in the Grey Cup.

Avon Cobourne scored two touchdowns, including a huge score in the fourth quarter and the Alouettes put together two long drives in the second half en route to a 21-18 victory at the 98th Grey Cup in Edmonton.

With the win, the Alouettes become the first team to repeat as Grey Cup champions since the Toronto Argonauts accomplished the feat in 1996-97. It also means a third Grey Cup ring for Calvillo, Ben Cahoon and Scott Flory and two titles for head coach Marc Trestman, who has been to the Grey Cup in each of his three CFL seasons.
http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=343362

Vancouver will be the city hosting the 2011 Grey Cup. Nice return one year after the city hosted the other sporting event. Super natural BC, with a croissant and hot chocolate on the side!
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Sports