Grey Cup

Re: Grey Cup

Postby smitty on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 pm

That must have shocked a lot of the Western Canadian fans in Regina loosing the 2nd time in a row to Montreal. Probably a lot of let-down fans.
Mind you some yrs ago I remember when Vncouver lost to an Eastern Canada team the fans took it out on the parked cars, to business to you name it & so a good look at what riots can be like then & to later yrs.

I guess fans can concentrate on hockey teams, but when it comes to Vancouver they are lousy, as a team, against competitiors.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm not sure of the reception they will get when they get back to Saskatchewan. Another stupid mistake cost them for the 2nd year in a row. If that player hadn't jumped the gun at the end of the game, things may have turned out differently.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby deja vu on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Four teams are left standing after two very good games today. Two weeks from now the last 2 teams standing will be meeting in Vancouver to battle for the Grey Cup 2011. First they have to win next weekend to score the tickets to the West Coast.

Hamilton Tiger Cats travel to Winnipeg to meet the Blue Bombers and the Edmonton Eskimos will head to BC to play the
Lions. I'm going to go with the Blue Bombers and Eskimos to win their divisions.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:03 am

Could this Grey Cup be ANOTHER reason for a riot in Vancouver, for Vancouver seems to have a maze of people that like riots that are soon out of control & if your car is within their grasp then it could be rolled over or set on fire.

Mind you I hope that most of the business people have learned, the hard way, that they had best to make their business impossible to break into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:10 pm

The game will be in Toronto next year.

Vancouver will likely revert to the closing down of liquor stores again hours before the game and have a crowd control police presence. I understand that in the aftermath of the hockey game in June, police realized that there was some area that the force could improve upon. However, the bottom line rests with individuals who decide to be disrespectful to others and their properties. Hooliganism is a choice with consequences. Basically, each person has to be aware of their peers and their motivations and remain more skewed toward consideration than toward selfishness.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Many years back I was one of the Fronters Men. This is sort of a guarding group to keep the onlookers back or under control.

When the Edmonton Eskimoe team was playing in Calgary (note this was during their lst season), way back in time, some spectators actually threw empty crocks down onto the Edmonton team when going into where they could dump their gear, have a shower & such. I guess Edmoton had played well & Calgary did not play well.

So we even had the city of Police tell us. It was decided that we would spend more time making sure that Edmonton onlookers did not do the same as those in Calgary.

So YES if someone was drawing out a crock to thrown down, we hit them hard often busting the crock in their jacket pocket or even bare hands. No one liked this, BUT this did not pop up again.
smitty

Postby deja vu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Sorry Ciel, but my Blue Bombers demolished the Ti-Cats and are on their way to BC for the Grey Cup Final. Sadly the Eskimos looked horrible against the Lions and now BC has the chance to win the Grey Cup at home. I hope not, as I'm taking the Blue Bombers over the Lions next Sunday.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=380922

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=380914
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 pm

Not loosing any tears over the Tiger-Cats at all. Next year, the team can try for the Grey Cup berth as the game will be in Toronto.

Advantage of Vancouver--chance of rain would be more likely than snow. If the game were played in Saskatchewan or Alberta or even Ontario, snow would be a real prospect. Face it, Canadians like seeing a glimpse of the West Coast on their sporting events every now and then. Maybe we'll see some of the Olympic legacy projects in use for the background reel that host cities usually have done on them for the pre-game colour commentary.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby deja vu on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:53 pm

Come rain, shine or snow they are playing under the dome. Fans can leave their rain or snow gear at the door and enjoy the game minus the heavy gear and Hot Chocolate to stay warm.

As for a snowy Vancouver, it's come and gone for now. Temperatures are going to rise and the rain will move back in for the week, but as all know that have been to Vancouver, weather can change on a dime. If they want a lot of snow they will have to take a short trip to Grouse Mountain overlooking Downtown Vancouver.
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby smitty on Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm

You are correct deja vu, that some of us have no interest in Cdn Football & the same with the American games. No I can be interested in baseball, to golf to also tennis. Admittely I have never played football & though I played in hockey, up to my age of 10 yrs of age, when told by the coach to take such & such a player out for good. That is when I took off my skates, slid into my winter boots to ask my Mother if I could use her speed skates & said yes they fit me & yes I realize on speed skates it was with strides.

In my mind hockey is a blood & guts game with a lot of fighting that makes the onlookers injoy the sport, but lacking the many fights then it is a boring hockey match.
smitty

PreviousNext

Return to Sports