Store flyers and coupons

They May or May Not Be Healthy, But ...

Re: Store flyers and coupons

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:38 pm

If you like Post-It notes, look for them in Back To School flyers. You could find a deal to stock up on the 3 inch square notepads. The novelty shape notepads are seldom on sale so look for offers on them as well.

By chance, a box of letter size envelopes happened to be on sale when I decided to get a box to replenish my supply last week. You may find other incentives.

Some stores offer teen packs of personal care products-for a student going away to college or university, the packs could be welcome in the first month of school. The packs usually have a special price and once the stocks are gone, the packs are gone for the season.

On a quest for a 15cm plastic ruler? Well, it could be in a compass set. But sold singly? You'll be searching for a long time to find a retailer selling them singly. The metal 15cm rulers are sold at Walmart.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:54 pm

When I was in the hospital with a broken leg or broke hip, when going to my Post Office Box they stated there was a maze of paper for me, mainly in the advertising. I sort of liked the big out from home hardwer, but to stop the mass the Post office agreed no advertising in my Box.

Some year later I started to obtain the Penticton Sports New that has a globe of advertising so they along with the main page or two end up going into the blue bag.

Which is sensible compared to a few comming across the border at Washigton state & two were haulted when they filled up a garbage bag with petrol & sealed at the top. REALLY what sort of idiots are these????????????????
smitty

Postby smitty on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:00 pm

I cannot find a place for my handle to also my password, for this took so long to receive.

I am not giving up the loss of the one father for his son & daughter. My condolences to him & his wife for that seemed impossible to happen.

I think there is a woman in an attemp to swim from Cuba in a rubberized ***** to ward off all the jelly fish. I am pretty sure that a Cdn that had made many long distances was doing the same from Fordia to Cuba, but it was the jelly fish that started to effect her. So if we look up again it might be the same Cdn Woman of a few yrs ago that admitted the next time she might need a rubber suit to ward off the Jelly Fish.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 pm

The Sears Wishbook is celebrating 60 years. After the late Eaton's store stopped its catalogue, Sears continued to offer items that one can buy in store or through the catalogue call centre. Now, there is online shopping to offer busy customers a way to order from home.

While I was saving some pages for later review, I noticed that cake pops (baked round balls of cake batter put on candy sticks) seem to be trendy, that electric kid-scaled vehicles are numerous, and that the good women's dressy wear was catalogue/online order only.

This year's catalogue has a silver cover with images of past catalogues. Inside the front cover, a timeline of some memorable milestones reached were listed to show how Sears grew along with Canada. The current president and CEO of Sears Canada wrote about his memory of delivering the catalogues as a child because he was anticipating what he would find in the big books.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 am

A previous week's issue of Future Shop's flyer showed the Monster Diamond Tears headphones, which were predominantly used by characters in Dream High 2 this year (as the headphone collaborator, JYP, was also a co-producer of the show as well as an actor-a teacher). For $349.99 plus taxes, a pair can be obtained (as based on Ontario pricing). The sides of the headphones look like a cut gemstone with many facets in diamond or smoky black looks. http://www.monstercable.com/headphones/diamondtears/product.asp

My everyday foam covered Sony headphones are in need of replacement by next year and have about 3 years of use. I so want a new pair of headphones for music but for everyday use, I'd like a different pair of headphones (lightweight ones of course).
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby smitty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 pm

I was at the main of two grocery stores to-day to pick up some milk, bread, orange juice, but not meat.

The butcher, I can speak two, I noted him counting all the stock of meat in packages. Then explained this shop did not purchase meat from the troubled area. Theirs comes from a slaughter house a bit north west of us. Wish I could remember, but no fret upon them bar time he was spending on packages of meat.

I think one will find other grocery stores also buy from another firm.
smitty

Postby smitty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:04 pm

CielOnTap, I am in a different form of hearing. The only place I will use good earphones for the music is all modern rock while I am classical to also jazz. These phones do the job, but I need something more modern then my antique walk-along cassette player I will admit. Though most of the concentration is on the machines or the different dumb bells I am using.

That is if they will put things back to normal for those 65 or older found the cost pr year, this is a Summerland Town gym, while lower to those in their 20 to 40s. Something wrong there.

Admit I became fed up, with the increase, so ordered a good rowing machine all of 8' long & takes up most of my living room, but come HOT weather I should haul it downstairs & up later on when it becomes cooler, as it is now. That 18 steps down to 18 steps up is a bit of a toll plus me trying to work my way into different rooms of this house.
smitty

Postby CielOnTap on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 am

I redeemed an instant win food prize (muffin) from the McDonald's Monopoly game, as I had the game piece from a meal two weeks ago. Ginger spice is a nice, small crumb and dry muffin (I am not a great fan of soggy moist muffins) with raisins. Perfect for my crisp fall morning walk back!

While not participating in the online code game of the Monopoly contest, I will keep an eye out for food prize coupons and Boardwalk from McDonald's specially marked food packages.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Colder temperatures mean sniffles and possibly colds are coming your way. Keep your eyes alert to coupons for cold remedies, hand sanitizers, bandages, and soups.

Now that Halloween is over, North American retailers are putting Christmas/holiday season flyers and merchandise into prominent display. What is on your wish list? Some websites are easy to navigate for information on items of interest. Some websites are hard to move around in and finding specific items requires a Search.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Postby CielOnTap on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 pm

The Friday after the US Thanksgiving (last Thursday in November) is called Black Friday for the retail push to sell holiday merchandise and electronics, with some items specially priced to attract shoppers on that day only.
In Toronto, the Toronto Eaton Centre will be open at 6am on Black Friday in an effort to convince Canadians that they save their car commuting time and get comparable deals on this side of the border.

Be aware that some electronic items have environmental fees that will be added to your purchase price. It would not hurt to know what recycling options exist for your old computer or televisions before you get new ones.
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Food / Drink