Store flyers and coupons

They May or May Not Be Healthy, But ...
manga2read

Re: Store flyers and coupons

Post by manga2read » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Black Friday's not a name that says "delightful, happy, retail experience." If anything, something morbid is suggested. Time for a new name-Turkey 30 countdown, Mash to Xmas Dash, Retail's Top 30 or something like that.

Then there's the matter that store staff don't get a reprieve from the earlier opening hours. How'd you feel after a holiday knowing you have to be instore before 7am and face crowds too?
a word with you

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Routine review of the specials in the grocery flyers-very little got put onto a list--and curiousity over the Canadian Black Friday specials were handled last night. Majority of flyers are in the recycling box, bagged for the next collection run.

Warehouse sales for children's books and toys are appearing. I have warehouse sales for brand name products too in the past. It is worthwhile to know the products you like and the quality too, so when you see a mesmerizing offer, you can determine whether your time will be well spent in the lines/getting there/shopping.
80s pop music fan here!

deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by deja vu » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:20 pm

>
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/ ... er-sprayed

Black Friday is dangerous to ones health. Sure the stores have record profits, but at what cost. Shots fired, people trampled, and pepper spray are just some of what is being reported today. Most lined up for midnight openings, while Toys R US jumped the gun by opening up across the US at 9pm.

It's just not worth the bargains to put up with these conditions. When it gets to the point that people are hurt and weapons are fired, it's time to rethink the whole issue. They certainly need more security, but I get the awful feeling people will have to die first before they spend the cash.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio

cards

Post by cards » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Welcome to Cyber Monday. No drama, no long lines, no guns or pepper spray from the in the face experience. Enjoy it from the comfort of your own home, Enjoy your morning coffee, surfing the net in your PJ's waiting for the deal you want. Click a few buttons and the deal is yours.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/28/tech/web/ ... hpt=hp_bn6

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:28 am

Boxing Day flyers will be keenly anticipated by those folks thinking that a deal can be had for an electronics purchase or Christmas stock clearout, etc. Well, that may be true if one had a budget set aside for more crowded shopping experiences.

Most stores seem aware that spending is more restrained this year so items have been going on sale since November in various departments. The sales might help the store staff in conducting their inventory checks for the year-end accounting by reducing stock on hand.

You may wish to use those store flyers for other things like lighting the fireplace log, bedding for small pets, lining the floor for painting projects, making paper boxes or recycling. No waiting in lines will be required!

This time of year is when new coupons tend to slow down in numbers for release. It can be the best time to collect coupons but watch those expiry dates and product information details for exclusions.
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:27 pm

It is evident in this week's flyers that Christmas stuff has been marked down and priced to move. Bonus for the late/last-minute shoppers, though selection will have been picked over. Even some electronic items are on sale now, rather than later.

One department store thinks it will need to open its stores for 6 a.m. on Boxing Day. How sad--the store will not have the sales volumes to support shortening staff's holiday time just to open the doors for early birds.
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Subscription magazines can be good for coupons. Even inserts may have coupons. It does not hurt to check all dates when you clip the coupons. I have a Feb. magazine with an insert for baking. That insert has two coupons that expired last month, while the other coupons have spring or December 2012 expiries.

It could be worth some minutes to find your coupons in the junk drawer, wallets, glove compartments, coat pockets and mail inbox and recycle the expired coupons (feed them to the blue box).

Many of us may be weary of shopping or noticing fewer sales screaming for attention. January is usually one of two months in the year in which bedding is on sale. Take a look at your favourite store flyers to check what is offered.

With the New Year, there may be changes in shops in your area--either some closed, some moved or some opened. One downtown mall in Hamilton has 3 visibly new cellphone retail storefronts. But at least a couple of stores had to close before their locations were changed into the cellphone shops.
80s pop music fan here!

CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Post by CielOnTap » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Vitamins and healthy eating remain areas of interest in grocery flyers for January. Kellogg's has some new cereals on the market: gluten-free brown Rice Krispies cereal and Mini-Wheats Centres, that contain fillings like mixed berries.

The upcoming Super Bowl Sunday has prompted continuing chips and soda deals and pizza offerings.

With Valentine's Day being the next gift-giving occasion, chocolates and personal gifts are being promoted too.
80s pop music fan here!

smitty

Post by smitty » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi FishNChips I noted your post with the line reading "--Store flyers made of newsprint-great for outdoor area paint jobs to catch paint drips---". Now my late father & me did a LOT of painting as we lived in so many different houses in different provinces to cities.

The one that cought my eye was something I continued to do & that was take a sensible nail & once the paint can lid is OFF then hammer in a few holse that will not spill over YET when closing up for the hour or a few yrs the paint will not go dry.

I see the same mistake done by ads of paint firms where the lid is removed & the paint is spilled out BUT NO HOLES down by the place one is going to start pouring.

At the gun club I said pay a bit extra for the paint firm to shake the paint cans to the maxmum for it was 6 yrs ago we used it on the floor. That was done, no paint was spilled out & some just took the prope nail & hammer to made sure my OLD holes were not clogged up. This was ALL NEW TO THEM as well.

fishandchips

Post by fishandchips » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:01 pm

The holes in the rim of the can tip sometimes pops up in magazines, depending if an article is all about painting a room and basic things to do or to get before giving the walls their new coats. That tip will allow paint to keep for a few years? I did not know that--so that's why you'd get the old paint cans shook up again to get the layers to blend again.

I've had Home Depot give paint cans good shaking but I wouldn't think staff would offer to pierce those holes. Staff when busy can barely remember which customer is getting the cans from the mixer.
Frozen? Not I. Love hot drinks and ice rinks.