Ruth Reichl's cookbook visit to Toronto

They May or May Not Be Healthy, But ...

Ruth Reichl's cookbook visit to Toronto

Postby CielOnTap on Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:17 pm

What a lovely feature article to see in last week's Toronto Star Food section: Ruth Reichl discussing her culinary explorations after Gourmet magazine
ended publication. Ms. Reichl made a sandwich recipe from her new cookbook in the Star's kitchen.
Ms. Reichl is currently promoting her cookbook, My Kitchen Year: 135 Recipes that Saved My Life.

Here’s the curious catch. Reichl, the much-loved former restaurant critic who ran Gourmet magazine until it was abruptly shut down, doesn’t like how our fascination with chefs has made us feel intimidated in the kitchen.

“I feel strongly that we’ve terrified people out of cooking,” she declares. We’ve turned cooking into a performance, but “if you’ve enjoyed yourself in the kitchen, you haven’t failed.”

http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/2015/10/21/ruth-reichl-writes-cookbook-about-the-recipes-that-saved-her-life-after-the-demise-of-gourmet-magazine.html

Given the chilly fall temperatures of late, hot sandwiches could be the dinner option for many people who want tasty and fresh food fast but not takeout! Now, who's ready to heat up a pan and make something to eat today?
80s pop music fan here!
CielOnTap
Moderation Team Leader

Return to Food / Drink