Hitting the Road

That's what we see from space. Let's try to keep it that way.

Re: Hitting the Road

Postby deja vu on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:56 pm

Let’s face it. Camping with little kids isn’t easy. No fridge. No bathroom No air conditioning. And it’s certainly no fun in a tent when it rains.

Don’t get me wrong, camping can be a great adventure—especially when the kids are a little older. But even the most committed backpackers opt for RVs when their kids are small.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/07/1 ... p=HPBucket

Easy to see from this article why it's a great alternative to the tent when kids are involved. A stress reliever and no midnight runs to the bathroom way on the other side or the nearest bush. Nothing like fighting the bugs in the middle of the night, and any critters you may not see coming at you.

I loved camping as a kid, great fun, but now I can see why RV's are catching on with the parents. It's a big hit with non parents or empty nesters now as well. Hit the road for a vacation or some sell their house/condo, downsize and hit the road year round.

Buying a new one can be pricey, I think it might be fun to buy a good used one and refurbish it to your own taste/needs. Only negative might be that the refurbish could be costlier then buying new. You don't need to go over the top to be comfortable in an RV, folks. Keep it simple, your pocket book will love you for it.
Turn it up, turn it up, little bit higher radio
Turn it up, turn it up, so you know, radio
deja vu
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Green, White, and Blue